Is Lumia bad at advertising where you are?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
In England the Lumia is badly advertised on tv. The apple is not and here's why...

Iphone adverts shows what the phone can do by using the apps in everyday life. Like someone is jogging they look at the phone and it tells you how far and how many steps they have taken. And a kid colouring a lion picture then put the phone on the picture and the phone animates a lion roar.

What does the Lumia do to show its ability? NOTHING ! just some dozy man/woman talking about it. Doesn't show you what the phone can do using apps. This is where Microsoft are failing. If you don't show what it can do then people wont know. If they demonstrated that a plane is about to land they can show how Cortana will let them know then tell them what time to leave and how the traffic is before going on to here maps. But no...microsoft won't do that will they

Way to go Microsoft...look at apple's adverts rather then scratching your head going "duh....why cant we sell as much" ???

So that's my view regarding the adverts. The only one that they did get right was the 1020 showing off the camera. So how is the adverts going your end guys?,tell us what they do to promote the phone and what country your in.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
In India, you occasionally see ads for the Nokia X, promoting the fact that it has "a fast lane to Android Apps". I have never seen a Lumia ad on TV (or at least not in the past few months. You do see lots and lots of ads for phones from random Android manufacturers like Gionee and Micromax, and of course lots for the Samsungs

GCrane1982

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Pretty simply here in Australia, they simply do not advertise on TV at all, full stop. The only ads I see on TV are from the carriers which do nothing to promote the handset. For example all it will say is "The Lumia 930 now available at [Insert Carrier] on the [Insert Plan Name] plan for [$$$]" I do however see quite a lot of online ads on tech sites.

I agree that Apple have a good way of marketing their phones/features/benefits/apps. Microsoft/Nokia need to start creating short 30 seconds ads like this one from apple and then saturate all markets with them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j_epEvBA9M&list=PL6DDBECB90E6D2EA9

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre