Regarding the App Store

Lucas234

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
My friend suggested I not upgrade to a Windows phone because of some rumors about Microsoft not removing malicious apps from their app store, simply to bolster their number of apps available. While I wouldn't put it past them to look the other way for the sake of numbers, I also didn't find any news about this after a brief Google search. I have an Android now, so I'm no stranger to being careful as to what I put on my phone, but does anybody know more about this? I don't think it will dissuade me from getting a Lumia Icon, but I'd still like to know.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
It's more the Windows Store (as in the store for tablets and computers) than it is in the phone store. Sure, there are some bad apps, but not nearly to the extent that the Windows Store has.

Lucas234

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, I don't have a windows 8 computer or tablet, so I'm still getting used to the idea of two separate app markets. In the beginning I thought there was just one app store between all Microsoft devices. That makes more sense. And thanks for the quick response!

Asskickulater

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
lolwat, complete bull****, Microsoft is quite anal about what gets in the store, FFS they have killed popular xbox games from 3rd party developers just because they still used the xbox credit system for IAP's after they changed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99