Regarding cyan update...

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I know this must have been asked about hundreds of times but i still want a final clearing....

I wanted to know the approx. size of cyan ota update over lumia black....
As the connection here in my place is unstable and disconnects many times.... Which could lead to broken update... Thanks in advance...

Jomark Rico

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
i have Lumia Black ( but i have windows 8.1 developers preview ) i used nokia soft recovery tool to change it to Lumia cyan w/ no developers preview..i have Cyan and i downloaded it approx 1.55gb

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
And for the ota update???

Abhinav It is strongly recommended to have a very good internet connection while doing the update. If you already know that your internet connection is not good. I would say dont even bother considering OTA. search there forums where another person had posted a lot many threads asking the same question and he always ended up getting an error. Best bet is to download the FW and flash it and if you are not confident about it I would say either find a reliable internet connection or shoot to the nearest Nokia care point and tell them that you are getting errors while updating OTA and they will gladly flash it to the latest FW and 8.1

abhinavsaprey

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Abhinav It is strongly recommended to have a very good internet connection while doing the update. If you already know that your internet connection is not good. I would say dont even bother considering OTA. search there forums where another person had posted a lot many threads asking the same question and he always ended up getting an error. Best bet is to download the FW and flash it and if you are not confident about it I would say either find a reliable internet connection or shoot to the nearest Nokia care point and tell them that you are getting errors while updating OTA and they will gladly flash it to the latest FW and 8.1

i was thinking of going to the nokia care centre but if they flash it using ncs or nsr i would lose all my data... And i have heard that WP8.0 backup does not get restored to WP8.1

So basically i'm worried about the data recovery....

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
i was thinking of going to the nokia care centre but if they flash it using ncs or nsr i would lose all my data... And i have heard that WP8.0 backup does not get restored to WP8.1

So basically i'm worried about the data recovery....

You can backup settings and app list and messages to cloud if you want to and if and when they flash it. resotre it. If they have a stable net connection that I assume they would have one. I dont think they will be using NCS for flash they might just leave it OTA Update. Use a friends WIFI or something if that concerns you too much.

If the phone is flashed at care point then you will get the welcome screen on first start and it will ask you to restore from back up.

I dont know why it worries you so much. IS it because you dont have a stable connection to restore?

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I know this must have been asked about hundreds of times but i still want a final clearing....

I wanted to know the approx. size of cyan ota update over lumia black....
As the connection here in my place is unstable and disconnects many times.... Which could lead to broken update... Thanks in advance...

On my 925 the cyan update was 1.34GB

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss