Lumia Cyan Update kinda Confused

Jomark Rico

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
i was confuse about this update..so i like to ask question and can someone give me a good answer and advise.

1. i had Lumia Black with WP 8.1 developers preview..i update it now its 8.10.xxxxx.200 something but its still Lumia Black afterall..
2. i used software recovery tool and download the new update..After the update its Lumia Cyan now, without devs preview..
3. so whats the meaning of WP 8.1 GDR 1? is it the latest ? cause with Lumia Cyan(#2) i dont have live folders nor live store tile..but
with lumia black w/ devs previe 8.1 (#1) i have live folders..
4. so if i download developers preview again..and if theres an update, does it revert back to " Lumia Black w/ developers preview 8.1 again" or
it will be still " Lumia Cyan with developers preview 8.1 now " ?

bijak_riyandi

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
First of all, you need to know the difference between OS update and firmware update.
Think of it this way: the OS is the OS, while the firmware is the drivers specific to the manufacturer.

1. You've updated to 8.1.1 without the firmware for it
2. You got 8.1 with the official firmware
3. Yes, live folders come with 8.1.1
4. You'll get 8.1.1 with Lumia Cyan

Jomark Rico

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
First of all, you need to know the difference between OS update and firmware update.
Think of it this way: the OS is the OS, while the firmware is the drivers specific to the manufacturer.

1. You've updated to 8.1.1 without the firmware for it
2. You got 8.1 with the official firmware
3. Yes, live folders come with 8.1.1
4. You'll get 8.1.1 with Lumia Cyan

ic..thanks for the info..gotta install devs preview again to get those new live thingies :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99