T-Mobile Lumia 925 - blacklisted today

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys! I need some help here please..
About 3 weeks ago I found this phone on Craigslist and I bought it for my little bro, as upgrade from 710. Of course I did ask seller if everything is alright with the phone (blacklisted or not) and I was told everything is OK.

It was working fine since then, but this morning it showed No service, later it came back. Now it's gone.

I called T-Mobile to verify is it blocked or not. They told me that the previous owner didnt pay and IMEI is blocked now and it won't work on Tmobile anymore if he doesn't pay for it. I called him, and when I told who am I, I just got "the phone is sold.." and dropped the phone

Called him, txt him. He isn't answering anymore.

I SIM unlocked the phone about week ago, called tmobile and they sent me the code. But its still useless on tmobile. Is there Anything I can do with it now? My brother used it only for two days, (he came back from vacation recently) and he loved it. But now it's ruined

And yes lesson learned -don't buy from CL

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a tough one, for most of what I have read and researched in this area leads me to believe there is no way to get the phone "un-blacklisted" from T-Mobile. Mostly, the best advice I have come across is to get it unlocked (which it seems you have) and sell it internationally where it doesn't matter.

I hope someone with experience on this can give you a better answer then me. Sorry, for that L925 would have been a great phone.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yup sorry my friend you are SOL with this on T-Mobile been thru this myself sometime ago.
Seconding what Snowmutt advises.

Sell with a disclaimer to an overseas buyer or someone not wanting T-Mobile service in an unlocked state.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss