Bing Maps App

RandomGuyUK

May 6, 2013
Visit site
So I'm going on holiday, thought it would be a good idea to add a few places of interest into my Bing maps. I select several places and add them into my Bing maps account via Internet Explorer. I check my Lumia Phone and nothing is synced. I also noticed the places l saved via my phone don't show up on Bing maps website.
Anyone know how to solve this problem?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
There is nothing in the instructions for using the Maps app (on windowsphone dot com -- sorry, I can't paste a URL link in the Ask a Question forum) regarding syncing with your Bing account on your PC and, to my knowledge, the two are not synced. You can add them directly on the phone, although I realize that's a little more painful than typing locations on the big keyboard.

For specific instructions on this and other Maps app features, just search for 'use maps' on the windowsphone dot com site.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have found a better answer for you...

Hopefully, you have Windows 8 installed on your computer and can have or can install the Bing Maps app from the Windows store. Locations saved in the app will sync with your phone.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but no. As far as I know, Bing maps apps sync with each other, but not browser-based maps.

However... Something you might try... Installing PC app may pull stored places from browser favorites, much like site favorites are ported from desktop IE to metro IE. This may only work if you're using IE for browsing. I've never tried accessing stored places from another PC so I don't know if they're stored locally or on internet cloud service.

I'm curious if this will work, but not near PC at the moment to test that theory.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss