How to turn off lights off in capacitive Windows buttons after WP 8.1 update?

W

WPCentral Question

Before WP 8.1 you could disable button lights by activating power saving mode. After WP 8.1 power saving does not disable the lights , which are very annoying when reading a book or watching a video in dark. How to disable button lights in WP 8.1 in Lumia 920?

m a4

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm sure, my button lights won't turn off anymore when using power save mode. However, they turn off when using the L920 in bright light (as they did in previous versions too). I'm running OS version 8.10.12393.890. Are you running the same version?

m a4

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Could the problem be related to some other setting? I tried to change every setting related to the display or buttons but that didn't help... Is there someone who is running the latest version of WP 8.1 and is able to turn off the button lights in Lumia 920?

m a4

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Same here, soft reset does not work. I noticed the same problem, when the power save is on the screen won't get any darker even though this option is on. There's gotta be something wrong with the power save program.

m a4

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
And maybe everyone who are experiencing this problem could report it to Microsoft: Do a long press on the Power save program -> Rate the program -> Click on Report a problem to Microsoft.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Mine 2 suddenly stopped working. It was working fine yesterday until I had a soft reset of my phone. Also the battery saver app is showing wrong info. It shows time since last charge is less than one hour but I charged my phone 12 hours ago.

m a4

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Also the battery saver app is showing wrong info. It shows time since last charge is less than one hour but I charged my phone 12 hours ago.
Same here. Seems that the power save is completely useless. Does it even save battery power?

What setting is your battery saver set to kick in at?

Always on or until next charge... does not matter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss