How to turn off lights off in capacitive Windows buttons after WP 8.1 update?

W

WPCentral Question

Before WP 8.1 you could disable button lights by activating power saving mode. After WP 8.1 power saving does not disable the lights , which are very annoying when reading a book or watching a video in dark. How to disable button lights in WP 8.1 in Lumia 920?

blkvzgo

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Same issue on Lumia 1020 with Cyan. Tried everything - fiddled with every possible setting, did a soft and hard reset, flashed to Cyan directly with Nokia Care Suite using a firmware from a different region, deleted and reinstalled the 'display' app, tried both restoring from a backup and starting from scratch after a reset. Nothing works. I think the issue is caused by the most recent update of either 'Battery Saver' or 'display', because I've noticed the feature works right after a hard reset, but stops working after all the apps are updated.

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
Same issue on Lumia 1020 with Cyan. Tried everything - fiddled with every possible setting, did a soft and hard reset, flashed to Cyan directly with Nokia Care Suite using a firmware from a different region, deleted and reinstalled the 'display' app, tried both restoring from a backup and starting from scratch after a reset. Nothing works. I think the issue is caused by the most recent update of either 'Battery Saver' or 'display', because I've noticed the feature works right after a hard reset, but stops working after all the apps are updated.

Exactly. After a fresh Cyan update, it works perfectly. Then further updates came in and messed it up. Whichever settings set, it doesn't turn off anymore other than being in a bright area.

m a4

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
We can vote a suggestion of that. "Option to turn off capacitive buttons glowing in setting."
I think it's the only one I saw in uservoice page.
Agreed. Suggestions related to this: windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/5798090-option-to-turn-off-capacitive-buttons-glowing-in-s
windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3632803-switch-the-light-of-the-3-buttons-on-the-bottom-of
windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions/suggestions/3629236-abillity-to-turn-of-light-of-the-window-s-button

vw65bus

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
To fix the capacitive buttons to turn off using battery saver mode. You must go into display settings and set the reduce screen brightness with battery saver mode to on.
With it turned off it leaves buttons on. Hope this helps someone. 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)