Hi
    Yesterday my Lumia 920 Updated to Cyan & Im not really impressed so far.
    For starters, I didnt get Cortana, which being in Australia I thought Id get ... The biggest thing I hate about it is the new Internet Explorer. I have it set for Desktop version of websites, & sites like Facebook now go to the Mobile version of the site. It always redirects to m.facebook... & its pretty useless to me. I usually use the Desktop Facebook site & the Facebook app to get what I want, but I cant do that now. Ironically I now have the 920 set to internet sharing & my old Lumia 800 linked in so I can use its explorer.

Any ideas how I can get this working? Right now Id like to roll back the update ...

Im also not sure about the battery life Ive got out of this today, but I'll monitor that over the next few days ...
    08-24-2014 09:23 AM
    Hey there.
    Although I do not have your phone model, for Cortana I would try following this guide:
    Activate Cortana alpha version in India, Canada, and Australia | Windows Phone Central
    For Internet Explorer.....as far as I know (and I might be wrong) the problem lies with websites just ignoring your settings and forcing their mobile view on you.
    You could try installing UC Browser | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (Australia)
    It has multiple options for User Agents, so you might have more luck using UC Browser and setting it to Desktop.
    It's not the most elegant solution, but better than having to use 2 devices to accomplish a simple task :)
    08-24-2014 12:55 PM
    Yes internet explorer on cyan(on 520) sucks big time. Every time i switch to anothet tab and switch back to the older one, it starts reloading(1. even if i switch back to it in a second, 2. No apps running except the IE). Am i the only one facing the issue??
    08-24-2014 01:54 PM
    I quite like the update and the changes and improvements of the update to 8.1 but as I am in the UK I would have thought that Cortana would be installed. Speech works but only for searching on the net. I thought it is available in the UK and I can't find it under Settings > Apps
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
    08-24-2014 05:07 PM
    Cortana outside the USA only works in the developer preview of Windows Phone that means Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 (or 8.1.1) That's why you don't have it.

For IE some websites will completely ignore the USER_AGENT (the code saying what kind of web browser you have) even if you set it to desktop version. As Shervrar said, try UC Browser it uses a different kind of engine so perhaps you have a better shot at the desktop site with it.
    08-24-2014 07:45 PM
    Cortana outside the USA only works in the developer preview of Windows Phone that means Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 (or 8.1.1) That's why you don't have it.

For IE some websites will completely ignore the USER_AGENT (the code saying what kind of web browser you have) even if you set it to desktop version. As Shervrar said, try UC Browser it uses a different kind of engine so perhaps you have a better shot at the desktop site with it.
    You don't need DP to get Cortana outside USA. Just change region, language, and spoken to USA English.
    08-24-2014 08:08 PM
    I'm sure he doesn't want to change regions though just to get Cortana. Besides it messes up the store and everything if he does.
    08-24-2014 08:11 PM
    I guess. I just use American store. Not a big deal. My Canada apps still show purchased, and I can still buy apps with Paypal.
    08-24-2014 08:12 PM
    One of the reasons Im disappointed with Cortana is that on the windowsphone.com site it says this:
    "Cortana

Cortana is available in Australia, Canada, China, the United Kingdom and the United States. "
    that's cut & pasted from their site.
    I don't want to change regions etc because that stuffs other things up ...
    08-24-2014 09:20 PM
    Thanks, I'll try installing UC Browser ...
    I did just try & install this from my computer & noticed something else has changed. It wont send it to my phone, it wants to install this on my PC ...
    08-24-2014 09:25 PM
    Still cant get Cortana to work from that link
    08-24-2014 09:38 PM
    Thank you Shervrar, The UC Browser works. I'll now change all my shortcuts to sites that wont work to UC
    08-24-2014 10:33 PM