Hello,

I have been researching for the last several months the possibility of purchasing a new phone since my old IPhone 4s has almost given up. The reason I change is the price difference.

One of the issues that is most needed for me and that I really need is the ability-app to record audio.

Currently, on my iPhone I use an app called Audio Memos - which is fantastic app. It records in really high quality and then I can via wifi download the audio files onto my PC and edit it the way I want. From reading about WP I see that it has four mics and it is great in recording video, but what about audio? My speeches are long - 40-45 min. Is there such app for WP?

Also, where can I check if programs I constantly use on my iPhone (dropbox, MySMS, Bible, Shazam, Whatsapp, Teamviwer, CBN RADIO, Stopify, Viber, BBM) are also available on the WP (I know some are).

I am thinking of purchasing either Lumia 930 or 1520 without contract. I am currently in Europe, Bulgaria.

I hope you guys can give me some advice.

George
    08-25-2014 07:19 AM
    There is some recording apps around, but I personally use OneNote. It records very well and it will automatically sync with Windows PC's that have OneNote installed. I don't know if the iPhones OneNote app let's you record, but in Windows phone it's one of the top featured of the app.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2014 10:05 PM
    09-09-2014 10:16 PM
    Hello,

I have been researching for the last several months the possibility of purchasing a new phone since my old IPhone 4s has almost given up. The reason I change is the price difference.

One of the issues that is most needed for me and that I really need is the ability-app to record audio.

Currently, on my iPhone I use an app called Audio Memos - which is fantastic app. It records in really high quality and then I can via wifi download the audio files onto my PC and edit it the way I want. From reading about WP I see that it has four mics and it is great in recording video, but what about audio? My speeches are long - 40-45 min. Is there such app for WP?

Also, where can I check if programs I constantly use on my iPhone (dropbox, MySMS, Bible, Shazam, Whatsapp, Teamviwer, CBN RADIO, Stopify, Viber, BBM) are also available on the WP (I know some are).

I am thinking of purchasing either Lumia 930 or 1520 without contract. I am currently in Europe, Bulgaria.

I hope you guys can give me some advice.

George
    check this out.
    Lumia app switch - find Your favourite Android apps | XYO

also u hv whatsapp, there are 3rd party apps for dropbox but I would suggest to switch to onedrive for a better experience.
    Cortana does shazam.and you do have shazam too, spotify, viber, bbm, teamviewer are there, others you check in above link.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2014 10:23 PM
    I didnt find Stopify but found Spotify. Not sure if that is what you meant. Also TeamViwer = TeamViewer? CBN is in store, and I can't read the language, but I see Radio on first line of description. Cloud6 is a dropbox client. Rest is there except for MySmS.

Here is link for your search..

Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    09-09-2014 10:23 PM
    Super easy...

Press and hold search button to open Cortana... Say "memo" or "take a note" Cortana will then ask for the note, which you speak out loud, then save it to OneNote for you.

​Easy Peasy, no third party sneezy.
    09-10-2014 10:51 AM