08-31-2014 02:01 AM
57 123
tools
    Can't we all just agree that this should have been fixed ages ago? Man, I'm gonna switch OS as soon as possible.
    ....bit of an ego problem? Essentially what you are saying is can't we all just agree with you. Regardless of what you may think, no that is not quite how things work. As to this apparent huge problem, it doesn't bother me at all. With respect to switching as soon as possible, there are plenty of choices out there. That is your choice to do whenever you wish. Expressing that level of drama over this though seems to me to be the equivalent of saying you are going to sell your house because you don't like the television in the living room. You could, of course, replace the television (or in this case, app) with one you like but do whatever makes you happy.
    08-27-2014 08:45 PM
    There is nothing to be fixed. I like this feature. You can use stop the music app, I like when I pause my music I can go back to it really easily :)
    Blkacesvf41 and Karthik Naik like this.
    08-27-2014 08:49 PM
    Like couple of posters I just find it silly.. users have to rely on the a 3rd party app to remove the now playing bar, like Berty6294 said at least give us the ability to remove it via a swipe to right - just how we dismiss toast notifications. I understand why they did this but this is MS, sometimes what they do never makes any logical sense

Battery drain is noticeably higher with music paused in the now playing bar (with the app closed) be it on: 2g, 3g. 4g, just Wi Fi (with my sim inserted in another phone for calls), 2g + Wi Fi, 3g + Wi Fi, 4g + Wi Fi, 2g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi, 3g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi and 4g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi.

You probably can guess.. I was bored out my skull not having a regular 9 to 5 job since March but teaching basic IT has helped a lot (thank you MS for windows 8 lol)
    Last edited by TechFreak1; 08-28-2014 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Fixed some Typos, corrected last sentence - Note to self don't type whilst half asleep lol
    LesyTehNoodle and Depatter like this.
    08-27-2014 09:13 PM
    I really dont understand your complaint.. My complaint is: Why this bar dont stay a Little bit more??
    Geddeeee and jharr100 like this.
    08-27-2014 09:23 PM
    I actually love this feature, as many of you are pointing out, it helps you get to your music quickly, pause, resume, change tracks... It's very handy, and if you close the app from the switcher and stop listening to music, the bar disappears completely, so, I don't really see a problem there.
    Sent from my Lumia 925 using TapaTalk
    Blkacesvf41 likes this.
    08-27-2014 11:53 PM
    I'm in the "why isn't there a stop button?" camp...
    Whilst I don't necessarily have an issue with the real-estate it takes up on the screen, if I'm listening to internet radio, and my 4G connection is lost the radio stops, and when the 4G connection returns the music doesn't restart.
    If I close and re-open the app it doesn't work still until I physically 'stop' the music - using the stop music app (which is a great little app, had it on my 920 too).
    LesyTehNoodle likes this.
    08-28-2014 02:42 AM
    Uhh...That thing only pops out once in a while when you use your volume buttons, are those seriously bothering you?

On a side note, if you "accidentally" hit your volumes buttons, just tap your back button to stow it away. No biggies.
    08-28-2014 04:26 AM
    ....bit of an ego problem? Essentially what you are saying is can't we all just agree with you. Regardless of what you may think, no that is not quite how things work. As to this apparent huge problem, it doesn't bother me at all. With respect to switching as soon as possible, there are plenty of choices out there. That is your choice to do whenever you wish. Expressing that level of drama over this though seems to me to be the equivalent of saying you are going to sell your house because you don't like the television in the living room. You could, of course, replace the television (or in this case, app) with one you like but do whatever makes you happy.
    I'm sorry? Ego problem? To me, its big problem. When I play games and I want to reduce the volume, this big thing pops out for few seconds which is annoying. How do you expect Microsoft to attract costumers if simple functions like this don't work properly? Downloading a 3rd party app for this is not justifiable in any way.
    ''it doesn't bother me at all'' Well I'm not you, you may like that it pops out and stay for few seconds. I do not. As you stated above, I downloaded the app which thankfully works perfectly and has multiple settings for me to choose.
    08-28-2014 04:28 AM
    I'm sorry? Ego problem? To me, its big problem. When I play games and I want to reduce the volume, this big thing pops out for few seconds which is annoying. How do you expect Microsoft to attract costumers if simple functions like this don't work properly? Downloading a 3rd party app for this is not justifiable in any way.
    ''it doesn't bother me at all'' Well I'm not you, you may like that it pops out and stay for few seconds. I do not. As you stated above, I downloaded the app which thankfully works perfectly and has multiple settings for me to choose.
    As I said above, just tap the back button and you're good to go
    colinkiama and Karthik Naik like this.
    08-28-2014 04:55 AM
    Can't we all just agree that this should have been fixed ages ago? Man, I'm gonna switch OS as soon as possible.
    you are gonna switch just because of that?
    JamesPTao and Karthik Naik like this.
    08-28-2014 05:05 AM
    Can someone please tell me how the hell do I get rid of this?
    Attachment 78538
    Thanks.
    You can get rid of this by pressing the back button. If you want to get rid of the media buttons then you download an app. But you just press the back button. Somebody sticky this. Even I didn't know how to do this. I discovered how to open this 6 months after buying my phone. You'd think all you have to do is tap anywhere else on the screen but it's just the back button lol.
    08-28-2014 05:09 AM
    That's the problem. In that 2 second, you can't do anything about it, all you can do about it is just wait.
    This problem is very annoying if you're playing a game in landscape mode and listening to music at the same time, and you want to skip a track without pausing the game. In landscape mode, the UI takes up almost half the screen.
    Press the back button
    08-28-2014 05:11 AM
    Like couple of posters I just find it silly.. users have to rely on the a 3rd party app to remove the now playing bar, like Berty6294 said at least give us the ability to remove it via a swipe to right - just how we dismiss toast. I understand why they did this but this MS, sometimes what they do never makes any logical sense

Battery drain is noticeably higher with music paused in the now playing bar (with the app closed) be it on: 2g, 3g. 4g, just Wi Fi (with my sim inserted in another phone for calls), 2g + Wi Fi, 3g + Wi Fi, 4g + Wi Fi, 2g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi, 3g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi and 4g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi.

You probably can guess.. I was bored out my skull not having a regular 9 to 5 job
    They did give us the ability to remove it. Press the back button
    jharr100 likes this.
    08-28-2014 05:12 AM
    just the back button lol.
    Press the back button
    Press the back button
    Sorry, which button was it? lol
    berty6294, rdubmu and colinkiama like this.
    08-28-2014 05:31 AM
    Sorry, which button was it? lol
    The back button! I use status tiles which has a stop music tile so the media controls can go away. Remove the volume bar by pressing back. Why is no one reading this.
    08-28-2014 05:55 AM
    As I constantly listen to the music, I do use this feature a lot. As said above, it would be great if this bar stays there for a bit more time (otherwise I tap somewhere on it to keep it) or to implement something similar to Android, or even iOS (music controls are always on the lock screen while the music is playing).
    08-28-2014 06:24 AM
    The back button! I use status tiles which has a stop music tile so the media controls can go away. Remove the volume bar by pressing back. Why is no one reading this.
    The back button doesn't remove it, just hides it and sometimes when you are in xbox music or mixradio backing out of the app sometimes does remove it.. (not all the time though, which leads me to believe that there is a glitch with-in the app or perhaps the back stack)
    08-28-2014 06:48 AM
    Go into Kids corner and then come back to your main profile and it should be gone.

On a side note I really like Google's approach on this, where you can just easily tap a small 'x' and the now playing thing disappears. Here's how it looks on Android:

Attachment 78565
    I'd agree that this would be a nice option for those who do not like this feature.
    08-28-2014 09:23 AM
    That's really sad, I have to download 3rd party app to close this. Really Microsoft? Really?
    I listen to music a lot on the phone, and I would prefer it, if the music controls were always present, so I didn't have to open the music app to play music, but just press play. There's no ultimate solution for everyone.
    08-28-2014 09:26 AM
    The solution to remove is to download the app stop the music, it works and is a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-28-2014 10:40 AM
    Use stop the music or status tiles. But why would you want to remove this in the first . OCD?
    08-28-2014 10:44 AM
    The level of drama over such a minor thing as this never ceases to amaze me....
    I've had a great laugh about this. If the user wishes to switch because of this (and a few other 'minor' things), I would say "Do it... and good luck to you...."
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-28-2014 11:04 AM
    I want your phone, Tornado92. My games lag when I try to play music simultaneously on my 920... :P
    thats weird i can play without lag and with music simultaeously on my 720
    08-28-2014 01:48 PM
    I want your phone, Tornado92. My games lag when I try to play music simultaneously on my 920... :P
    You can have my 720 for your 920.
    08-28-2014 02:01 PM
    I'm just shocked that the language fascists (jk) allowed you to use the word HELL in a post let alone in the heading.
    Well 'hell' is a word with a really negative meaning however it's not foul language so it's allowed. Haven't you read the post that tells you all the rules of the forums?
    08-28-2014 02:22 PM
57 123