How do I get rid of this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how the hell do I get rid of this?
wp_ss_20140826_0001.png
Thanks.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Gonna switch OS because of this? Ha ha ha ha......

Took me awhile to understand you can't close your music w/o a reboot. But so what? It just lurks there, doesn't take up cycles, no need to download an app.

Harmless. Deal with it. Disinvest your negative energy.
As I stated above, that's not the biggest reason. It's the apps, bad app support.

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
A good way to implement that into Windows Phone is a swipe to the right, similar to what you would do with a notification! Now that's something they can implement!

that small X close button is way too small IMO on the Android screenshot. Something like that would be lovely, but slightly bigger. I would actually say that the empty space on the WP implementation is quite big; they could easily just add a large 'stop' or 'close' button.

Though in truth you eventually get used to it and stop paying attention to it.

edit- quoted wrong person. lol!

Another cool thing would be that on the notification panel is a music icon, and when you tap it, it replaces your notifications area with a list of not only what's currently playing/paused, but the upcoming tracks in your playlist (or maybe other tracks in the album if a custom playlist isn't in use)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
that small X close button is way too small IMO on the Android screenshot. Something like that would be lovely, but slightly bigger. I would actually say that the empty space on the WP implementation is quite big; they could easily just add a large 'stop' or 'close' button.

Though in truth you eventually get used to it and stop paying attention to it.

edit- quoted wrong person. lol!

Another cool thing would be that on the notification panel is a music icon, and when you tap it, it replaces your notifications area with a list of not only what's currently playing/paused, but the upcoming tracks in your playlist (or maybe other tracks in the album if a custom playlist isn't in use)

It looks small but works very well, never had any issues with the size of it.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Can't we all just agree that this should have been fixed ages ago? Man, I'm gonna switch OS as soon as possible.
....bit of an ego problem? Essentially what you are saying is can't we all just agree with you. Regardless of what you may think, no that is not quite how things work. As to this apparent huge problem, it doesn't bother me at all. With respect to switching as soon as possible, there are plenty of choices out there. That is your choice to do whenever you wish. Expressing that level of drama over this though seems to me to be the equivalent of saying you are going to sell your house because you don't like the television in the living room. You could, of course, replace the television (or in this case, app) with one you like but do whatever makes you happy.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Like couple of posters I just find it silly.. users have to rely on the a 3rd party app to remove the now playing bar, like Berty6294 said at least give us the ability to remove it via a swipe to right - just how we dismiss toast notifications. I understand why they did this but this is MS, sometimes what they do never makes any logical sense :grin:

Battery drain is noticeably higher with music paused in the now playing bar (with the app closed) be it on: 2g, 3g. 4g, just Wi Fi (with my sim inserted in another phone for calls), 2g + Wi Fi, 3g + Wi Fi, 4g + Wi Fi, 2g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi, 3g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi and 4g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi.

You probably can guess.. I was bored out my skull not having a regular 9 to 5 job since March but teaching basic IT has helped a lot (thank you MS for windows 8 lol) :winktongue:

Last edited:

oskr23

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I actually love this feature, as many of you are pointing out, it helps you get to your music quickly, pause, resume, change tracks... It's very handy, and if you close the app from the switcher and stop listening to music, the bar disappears completely, so, I don't really see a problem there.
Sent from my Lumia 925 using TapaTalk

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the "why isn't there a stop button?" camp...
Whilst I don't necessarily have an issue with the real-estate it takes up on the screen, if I'm listening to internet radio, and my 4G connection is lost the radio stops, and when the 4G connection returns the music doesn't restart.
If I close and re-open the app it doesn't work still until I physically 'stop' the music - using the stop music app (which is a great little app, had it on my 920 too).

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Uhh...That thing only pops out once in a while when you use your volume buttons, are those seriously bothering you?

On a side note, if you "accidentally" hit your volumes buttons, just tap your back button to stow it away. No biggies.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
....bit of an ego problem? Essentially what you are saying is can't we all just agree with you. Regardless of what you may think, no that is not quite how things work. As to this apparent huge problem, it doesn't bother me at all. With respect to switching as soon as possible, there are plenty of choices out there. That is your choice to do whenever you wish. Expressing that level of drama over this though seems to me to be the equivalent of saying you are going to sell your house because you don't like the television in the living room. You could, of course, replace the television (or in this case, app) with one you like but do whatever makes you happy.
I'm sorry? Ego problem? To me, its big problem. When I play games and I want to reduce the volume, this big thing pops out for few seconds which is annoying. How do you expect Microsoft to attract costumers if simple functions like this don't work properly? Downloading a 3rd party app for this is not justifiable in any way.
''it doesn't bother me at all'' Well I'm not you, you may like that it pops out and stay for few seconds. I do not. As you stated above, I downloaded the app which thankfully works perfectly and has multiple settings for me to choose.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry? Ego problem? To me, its big problem. When I play games and I want to reduce the volume, this big thing pops out for few seconds which is annoying. How do you expect Microsoft to attract costumers if simple functions like this don't work properly? Downloading a 3rd party app for this is not justifiable in any way.
''it doesn't bother me at all'' Well I'm not you, you may like that it pops out and stay for few seconds. I do not. As you stated above, I downloaded the app which thankfully works perfectly and has multiple settings for me to choose.

As I said above, just tap the back button and you're good to go

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how the hell do I get rid of this?
View attachment 78538
Thanks.
You can get rid of this by pressing the back button. If you want to get rid of the media buttons then you download an app. But you just press the back button. Somebody sticky this. Even I didn't know how to do this. I discovered how to open this 6 months after buying my phone. You'd think all you have to do is tap anywhere else on the screen but it's just the back button lol.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
That's the problem. In that 2 second, you can't do anything about it, all you can do about it is just wait.
This problem is very annoying if you're playing a game in landscape mode and listening to music at the same time, and you want to skip a track without pausing the game. In landscape mode, the UI takes up almost half the screen.
Press the back button

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Like couple of posters I just find it silly.. users have to rely on the a 3rd party app to remove the now playing bar, like Berty6294 said at least give us the ability to remove it via a swipe to right - just how we dismiss toast. I understand why they did this but this MS, sometimes what they do never makes any logical sense :grin:

Battery drain is noticeably higher with music paused in the now playing bar (with the app closed) be it on: 2g, 3g. 4g, just Wi Fi (with my sim inserted in another phone for calls), 2g + Wi Fi, 3g + Wi Fi, 4g + Wi Fi, 2g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi, 3g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi and 4g + Cellular Data + Wi Fi.

You probably can guess.. I was bored out my skull not having a regular 9 to 5 job :winktongue:
They did give us the ability to remove it. Press the back button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05