How do I get rid of this!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please tell me how the hell do I get rid of this?
wp_ss_20140826_0001.png
Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
The now playing bar?

Get an app called stopmusic and pin it to your start screen, this app should be free.

Unfortunately that is the best solution (the other being playing a video and then closing it), until MS decides to incorporate the stop button on the now playing bar.

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
The now playing bar?

Get an app called stopmusic and pin it to your start screen, this app should be free.

Unfortunately that is the best solution (the other being playing a video and then closing it), until MS decides to incorporate the stop button on the now playing bar.
That's really sad, I have to download 3rd party app to close this. Really Microsoft? Really?

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is probably the single most ridiculous feature in WP. Who on earth would actually want this functionality? There's a couple of apps like Stop that will close this and go back to your start screen. Some apps make you launch them, stop the music, then exit the app. So make sure you get one that just stops it and closes automatically. Makes it like you're hitting a toggle button.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
This is probably the single most ridiculous feature in WP. Who on earth would actually want this functionality? There's a couple of apps like Stop that will close this and go back to your start screen. Some apps make you launch them, stop the music, then exit the app. So make sure you get one that just stops it and closes automatically. Makes it like you're hitting a toggle button.
I do! When I pause my music for whatever reason and wanna go back to it, I just have to double tap and it's right there without having to unlock the phone or look for music app again.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm with jharr100 on this. It's only there for a couple of seconds and then it disappears. It only appears on unlock or when you press the volume key. My guess is that they assume that if you have music playing, you might want to have instant control over it. If you unlock and immediately want to access something that is underneath the bar, just tap the arrow in the upper right corner and it will slide out of the way.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
lol definitely not something that would force me to change OS's. I actually love that its always there. It makes it very easy for me to resume my music! I actually wish that when I play a video it still stays up there instead of resetting itself.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Go into Kids corner and then come back to your main profile and it should be gone.

On a side note I really like Google's approach on this, where you can just easily tap a small 'x' and the now playing thing disappears. Here's how it looks on Android:

1409096833302.jpg

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Go into Kids corner and then come back to your main profile and it should be gone.

On a side note I really like Google's approach on this, where you can just easily tap a small 'x' and the now playing thing disappears. Here's how it looks on Android:

View attachment 78565

A good way to implement that into Windows Phone is a swipe to the right, similar to what you would do with a notification! Now that's something they can implement!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'll never understand why this bothers people. I'm with berty6294 on actually liking it. But if you want to get rid of it, all you really have to do is reboot. It's funny, it always annoyed me when it would vanish because I preferred having it up there so I could easily resume playing what I last listened to.

Tornado92

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm with jharr100 on this. It's only there for a couple of seconds and then it disappears.
That's the problem. In that 2 second, you can't do anything about it, all you can do about it is just wait.
This problem is very annoying if you're playing a game in landscape mode and listening to music at the same time, and you want to skip a track without pausing the game. In landscape mode, the UI takes up almost half the screen.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
That's the problem. In that 2 second, you can't do anything about it, all you can do about it is just wait.
This problem is very annoying if you're playing a game in landscape mode and listening to music at the same time, and you want to skip a track without pausing the game. In landscape mode, the UI takes up almost half the screen.

Oh so you're looking to swipe it back up to get it out of the way quicker. I actually wish that was an option too. There have been times when I swipe up on it just to realize that that cant be done lol

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site

I want your phone, Tornado92. My games lag when I try to play music simultaneously on my 920... :p

LesyTehNoodle

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
lol definitely not something that would force me to change OS's. I actually love that its always there. It makes it very easy for me to resume my music! I actually wish that when I play a video it still stays up there instead of resetting itself.
I was gonna switch OS's anyways. There are just too many things I hate about the Windows Phone, the one being is bad support for apps. I really like the phone, I really do. It's very unique UI and the smoothness is amazing but, the lack of apps is what puts me off.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
I was gonna switch OS's anyways. There are just too many things I hate about the Windows Phone, the one being is bad support for apps. I really like the phone, I really do. It's very unique UI and the smoothness is amazing but, the lack of apps is what puts me off.

You could message me if you are looking for a new device, I'll be able to help.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Gonna switch OS because of this? Ha ha ha ha......

Took me awhile to understand you can't close your music w/o a reboot. But so what? It just lurks there, doesn't take up cycles, no need to download an app.

Harmless. Deal with it. Disinvest your negative energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3