Semi-permanent loss of service

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This issue seems to have followed me from my AT&T 900 running 7.8 to my brand new Verizon Icon with DP 8.1. So right now I am at a loss.

At my house we have almost no service from either carrier. I can get occasional 1 bar if I step outside or stand on my bed (reminiscent of 90's cellphones). But when I drive to work I will have no service unless I do a soft reset. Airplane mode glitches out and either will not enable, or stay enabled after disabling. After soft resetting I will instantly get 4 bars of LTE, on either phone.

On my old phone I would enable airplane mode before getting home, and disable it after leaving the house. This caused many issues with my wife when I forgot to disable it in the morning. I upgraded and canceled my old plan on the assumption that it was just an aging phone. I'm willing to try anything at this point as my phone is still fairly new.

The_Vermonster

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
From what I've seen, they cost money. Not my first choice of a solution considering how much more I'm paying for this new plan.
I was very shocked the first time this happened with my icon. I thought it was just a coincidence, but it has done it twice this week. At this point I'm starting to think this is a problem with the software.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro