Headphone Mode Not Turning Off

davidinglis1

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 920 which is running 8.1 Update 1 with the Cyan update.

A couple of days ago I noticed that when using the volume rocker, the slider said "headphones" and not the usual notifications/apps. I tried checking for any obstructions in the socket, plugging in headphones and unplugging and it still wont come off headphone mode. I have tried soft and hard resets and still no joy. Also did a full restore using the restore tool and was the same even before I installed update 1.

What is interesting is that I cant hear anything through the earpiece if making a call and no sound from media apps or videos. BUT all my notifications - text etc, sound as normal.

Is this a known issue? Any fixes? Would hate to have to send this back to Nokia for repair as they take ages!

anon(8896783)

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Same here. It is extremely annoying that I cannot make a call without a headset or by turning on the external speaker, which makes your call no longer private. I used to have this problem a few months back (May or June). I arranged a shipping to Nokia and when I was supposed to send my phone to them the bug dissappeared and everything worked fine. At that time I used the Preview for Developers version of WP8.1. Now I am just running the normal Cyan update by Nokia. I have no clue why it was fixed all of a sudden and not working right now, but it must be a software thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss