How to prevent cyan update on Nokia Lumia 520

W

WPCentral Question

After updating my wife's Nokia Lumia 520 to 8.1 cyan update and being extremely alarmed with the massive list of Terms and Conditions presented, I have decided not to update my own Lumia 520 any more as is is presently doing all that I want it to do. No option was given to download /print these T & C's. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
After updating my wife's Nokia Lumia 520 to 8.1 cyan update and being extremely alarmed with the massive list of Terms and Conditions presented, I have decided not to update my own Lumia 520 any more as is is presently doing all that I want it to do. No option was given to download /print these T & C's. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Thanks.

im curious just why? you can find the terms and conditions online i guess

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Windows Phone Terms of Use can be found here

Windows Phone 8 Terms of Use
Windows Phone Store Terms of Use

There's really no need to worry about accepting these terms - you implicitly accept terms and conditions when you visit most websites (especially large corporations). By using a Windows computer to create this post, you've already accepted a huge tome of T & Cs, as well as for the browser software, your internet provider, email provider, individual components in your computer, and so on and so on.

The phone will work better with the updates and have more features (which you may or may not choose to use).

maurierose

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
We both have the Nokia Lumia 520, and have been very pleased with the new additions/changes the Cyan update has brought - you might actually be surprised with how much you like it after fumbling through the first couple of days. As for terms and conditions, they are probably very similar to what you signed originally; however, re-signing them all at once gives the impression there are "tons of new ones" as opposed to signing them here and there haphazardly when you first had your phone.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon