36 apps from old phone not dowloading to new

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I've been using an 810 for a year. Got a 925, set it all up, but none of my 810 apps that have been backed up onto my MS account have downloaded. Pretty annoying, 36 of them. I did try searching on this site, but it's pretty generic.

I think I'm pretty damned good at navigating the WP screens and options. I've turned off the 810 in case it was some kind of log in conflict.

Any thoughts? Isn't this supposed to be the best of everything?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
if the apps have been pulled from the store, you won't get them back no matter how many times you restore. As apps are re-installed directly from the store and not from the cloud back up.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, but not at all sure what you mean by "pulled from the store." When I've hard reset the 810, it re-downloaded all the apps. And just now, it updated one. No such service on my 925. Both are logged into the same MS account.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Fingered it out all by my lonesome self. Unlike the 810, and despite having the exact same OS and updates, for the 925 one has to go into the Store app, poke around, approved downloads, etc.

Whodda thunk?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Lol, sorry been busy for the past couple of days.

That is a bit odd and what I meant by "pulled from the store" basically the app is no longer in the store and has been removed by the app developer(s).

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
It's actually due to the fact that the 810 never received GDR3 - which the 925 did. This creates a bit of an issue in the backup files and will register quite a few apps as 'non-compatible' with the new device. Then you move forward to the 810 running the developer preview which is now ahead of the T-Mobile 925, and you get a whole other batch of incompatible apps... So much fun on something so simple... :)

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
It's actually due to the fact that the 810 never received GDR3 - which the 925 did. This creates a bit of an issue in the backup files and will register quite a few apps as 'non-compatible' with the new device. Then you move forward to the 810 running the developer preview which is now ahead of the T-Mobile 925, and you get a whole other batch of incompatible apps... So much fun on something so simple... :)

But wait! Our lives are supposed to get ever better with all this technology! I see all those photos of intense, intelligent, hip young people sticking the iDevices into their arteries and they are all "Happy, happy, happy." Why not me, God?

Anyway, loved you knowledgeable thought, thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss