How to use Bing Vision with Cortana?

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Until today, I could easily use bing vision by pressing my search button. but after enabling Cortana on my device I am not sure how to use Bing Vision to read QRs.

I know we can choose the lense from Camera, but is there an easy way.. I mean a way Cortana would open QR scanner for me..?? :sweaty:

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I wish they would fix this. The best solution I've found for now is to use an app like "QR for Cortana" which will let you pin a tile that opens your lenses. It saves you a step or two since you don't have to open the camera first and go to the menu.

Finchee

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
In the App list, go to Camera > Lens Lens icon, and then tap Bing Vision Bing Vision Lens icon.

I would post the source url, but apparently I don't have enough of post counts to do that yet...

tamanasi

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
In the App list, go to Camera > Lens Lens icon, and then tap Bing Vision Bing Vision Lens icon.

I would post the source url, but apparently I don't have enough of post counts to do that yet...
thanks Finchee.. I know we can open the Vision from a Camera, just was looking for an easier way around.

TachyonicCargo

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi ! you can get the app called (tile for bing vision) now you have to pay to pin the app. But I didn't mind for this handy shortcut..

Really sad that I had to buy this app. Don't see why the WP team could not have made features they were taking out of search, voice activated (or even sub-menu) in Cortana. How hard would it have been to implement the voice command, "Cortana scan barcode," or, "Cortana open Bing Vision?"

And on another note. Just because they have implemented Cortana, did not mean they had to do away with gifting us with the Bing image of the day. No reason the daily Bing image could not have shown up in some form (muted in the background, or something), whenever you accessed Cortana via her live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa