Text from PC through Windows Phone 8/8.1?

fuzzyreets

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi folks. I figured I'd try Windows Phone again since the 8.1 update was released. One of the MAJOR issues I'm having is that I text a lot during the day from my computer. When I was on android, this was done through an app called MightyText. I cannot for the life of me find an app like this for Windows Phone 8/8.1. Does anyone have a solution to this? I want to like windows phone, I really do, but there are just missing pieces like this that bum me out.

fuzzyreets

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
I think I just found the answer to my own problem. ATT Messages online. Never knew it existed. Works like a charm. A little clunky but certainly usable. Cool! Now if they just had a Windows Client app so I didn't have to live on the page with it but otherwise very happy!

Geez63

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I used to use the Nokia Suite on Symbian to do this all the time. It was perfect. It was excellent for pasting texts translated from Google Translate. MySMS is good but has just dropped the windows phone platform. Existing users can carry on though so maybe there is a way of getting a file for manual installation.

markyjns

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Just for info, if anyone is on O2 in the UK they have a pc app to allow this too. Only discovered it in last couple of weeks. The download page on O2's website says supports inly upto W7 I.e not W8 but in reality works fine on my W8 tablet, I guess what they meant is it isn't available as a metro/modern app, its desktop only. TU go its called

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon