Unable to find cortana after updating?

A

anujkalmane

I have updated 3 phones in my house to wp 8.1 but I cant find cortana in anyone of them. Could someone please help me out?

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The only way to get Cortana to work on 8.1 is to change region to US, language and speech to English (US).

If you use developer preview to update to 8.1 update 1, you can get Cortana with English (UK) as well.

There are numerous forums here which have covered this countless times. Search

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just a tip. I had Cortana on my 920 for a couple of weeks already. Quite hilarious. Go try asking her.. "Do you love me?" Or "Are you stupid"

So when 8.1 rolled in for my wife's 720. I thought it should be breeze.
I did all the language/speech/region changes as I did on my 920. Restarted....but no Cortana. What the ...
Then I realised, I have to move US English up the lists, to set it as default....

Kristijan87

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, I did all of the above, still no Cortana. I'm in Croatia and I used to have Cortana but since it was pretty much useless (except for alarms and reminders) here, I reverted back to Croatian settings.

Anyway, yesterday I wanted to play with her so I changed my region to US, set language to US (and left it as the only one in settings), set speech to US, enabled location service, keyboard was US, too but even after a dozen restarts still no Cortana. I tried removing the SIM, just in case; nothing. I'm on Black, btw (still) but with PfD Update 1. She used to work prior to Update 1, I'm sure of it.

Any idea what's happening? I even tried setting EVERYTHING to English UK, just to see what's going to happen but nothing happened. No Cortana anywhere (no, not even in Settings --> Applications and search doesn't find it in settings either).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos