Lumia 820 complete reset? Problem with email?

W

WPCentral Question

Hello,

I bought my Nokia Lumia 820 secondhand from my neighbour last year, so her email account is the primary one on the phone. Now whenever I try to update any of the apps, having downloaded 8.1, I am given an error message of 80860006, or asked to log in with my neighbour's email account, which as far as I know isn't even active any more.

Oh, and if it turns out that this update was some kind of preview: I would not know about this! I do not have time to go and research every update my phone wants me to do. As far as I'm aware, updates are to fix bugs, improve services and fix vulnerabilities. I don't expect them to be bug free, but this update is horrid. I would like Windows to tell me if things are preview updates or whatever (having read threads where people have updated Lumias and it's been some kind of trial that they're unwitting guinea pigs in).

I have come to the conclusion that the phone needs to be reset to factory settings so that I can put in my own email address, if I'm ever going to get anywhere with these apps. How would I go about doing this? I can email important things from the phone to my email account. Or, failing that, would it be possible for Windows to replace the primary email account the phone was set up with with one that I set up?

I am also experiencing problems where I try to go into network plus on the phone, get a loading screen, and get taken straight back to the settings menu I came from. If anyone knows why this is, I would love to know.

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
A factory reset will remove everything from the phone. But when you are ready you can do this by going to settings, selecting about, scrolling down to the reset area, and tapping on reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo