8018830f error appear when trying to install lumia cyan on lumia 520

W

WPCentral Question

Hi,
I'm facing a problem when trying to install lumia cyan update on my lumia 520, when I try to install the update, it download really fast, it actually done within 1-3 minutes? and when it try to install it reach 12-14% then it jumps to 100% and the error message appears.
I'm trying to install lumia cyan not the developer preview.
My device software version is lumia black.
Please help fast, I really want the update, I wanted so much long time to it to be available in my country, now I have this error.

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
8018830f error code is actually a error occuring in the Update Package..
Downloading the update completely and showing the update cant be installed or opened.
This same error occured for many during GDR2 (Lumia Amber ) and WP8.1 Update 1 (PFD)
This error should be cleared from the part of Microsoft. For Update 1 they have cleared the error.
Once they came to know about this they will modify the update package and release it via OTA.
So wait Patiently..

Or if you want it right now you have a choice of NSRT (Nokia Software Recovery Tool)
This download the Lumia Cyan and will install it to phone manually.
** This installation will completely wipe out your phone and you will get your device as a newly unboxed one.. So if you update via NSRT make sure you keep a backup.

lyrisist35

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I have the HTC One M8 for Windows version and there is hardly anything on a fix for the 8018830f update error for this device. Everything is a fix for the Lumia devices. I tried changing the language and it worked for one update, but I can't seem to duplicated it so I can continue to update my device. Any help would be appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro