Lumia 520 home screen problem

dasshubham762

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
When I'm closing any app(Nokia Camera, Internet Explorer, UC browser etc, not all apps) or hitting start button the home screen animation showing slowly(Lower fps), home even opening slowly. Like it's lagging. My phone is ruining WP 8.1 Update 1. I'm facing this problem after updating WP 8.1. I've faced the problem some time in WP 8. Do anyone facing the same problem or faced this problem in WP 8?? Please reply fast. Please give me the solution.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I only know one person who uses a Lumia 520. The lag started after he updated to WP8.1 DP. I think this is because of the 520's hardware limitations, specifically its memory. If you really want a smooth experience on WP you might have to upgrade to faster phone models like the 1520 or 930.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I updated my 520 through the DP to the initial 8.1 release and then through about 3 updates. It was so laggy (hitting the screen, not knowing if it registered the touch, etc etc) I reverted back to 8 and it flies again.

Obviously still not a flagship on 8 but light years ahead of the performance on 8.1, IMO.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I updated my 520 through the DP to the initial 8.1 release and then through about 3 updates. It was so laggy (hitting the screen, not knowing if it registered the touch, etc etc) I reverted back to 8 and it flies again.

Obviously still not a flagship on 8 but light years ahead of the performance on 8.1, IMO.

If that's the case then the 520's lag issues must definitely be its hardware limitations.

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
I guess, you have pinned many live folders on your start screen. Try limiting those to 6 or less. Second thought is if you have used background picture with those folders. Try using phone accent if you want to keep as many live folders you want. Those workarounds should solve lag issue. Last but not the least if you have uninstalled live lock screen beta app, then try and check if its completely turned off. You can do so by enabling kids corner and then turning off the live lock screen beta app.
Hope those help!
Sent from my Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

dasshubham762

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm using accent on home screen and not much live tiles but still problem... When in closing or minimizing Nokia Camera, Camera, IE11 etc. then 'home screen returning' animation lags.. Not getting blank app icons.. Only fir some huge apps lag and blank shows.. I think other lumia 520 working perfectly... I have this home lagging problem from WP8..

Paulperdigs

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
i realized that lagging on lumia 520 happened due the activation of magnifier option on config.
when you turn that option on, the home screen get a f...ing lag, so try to disable this and reply.

I hope this tip can help.

ps: sorry for the english

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro