Cyan availabre for Developer Preview? How I rollback to non-DP ?

WP_290

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I have Win 8.1 with the update 2 I think, the last one MS released like a week ago. I now would like to receive cyan, according to nokia availability webpage I should receive now Cyan because my model and cell company are listed as available.

I have three questions:

1.- Cyan is also available for the ones with developer account?

2.- Somewhere I read about cyan being available doesn't mean is already as an OTA update, if this is true then, there is another way to install cyan, maybe using a desktop or some nokia tool?

3.- Now I am more interested in stability and functionality, If cyan is already out maybe I should consider stop being part of the developing program, is possible to rollback?

Thanks

JithinPrasad

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I have Win 8.1 with the update 2 I think, the last one MS released like a week ago. I now would like to receive cyan, according to nokia availability webpage I should receive now Cyan because my model and cell company are listed as available.

I have three questions:

1.- Cyan is also available for the ones with developer account?

2.- Somewhere I read about cyan being available doesn't mean is already as an OTA update, if this is true then, there is another way to install cyan, maybe using a desktop or some nokia tool?

3.- Now I am more interested in stability and functionality, If cyan is already out maybe I should consider stop being part of the developing program, is possible to rollback?

Thanks

Cyan rollout for PFD devides is slowly resumed.
AT&T 1520,1020 - TM 920 PFD devices are now recieving Cyan update..
I assume currently you are on WP8.1 Update 1. So if you want Lumia cyan via OTA you can wait till Microsoft release it for your PFD Device.
OR
Another method is doing it manually. Via Nokia Software Recovery Tool (NSRT)
You dont want to downgrade to 8.0 & recieve 8.1. By using NSRT Lumia Cyan will be directly downloaded and installed
This is a manual method and will wipe out all data in your phone. So keep a backup.

You cant simply Roll back to a Non-DP User.
By simply deleting the app will not allow you to Roll back.
If you do the Cyan update with NSRT you can roll back to a Non-DP device. The update in NSRT is Official. after updating with NSRT you wont get Update 1 and its features. If you want Update 1 you should enroll to PFD Again.
So if you update with NSRT dont download the PFD app and enroll to PFD. This will roll back your device to a non-DP. Stay with Official Lumia Cyan ( WP8.1 Only)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb