is it recommended to buy Lumia 920?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

Hello everyone.

nowdays, i use Galaxy s3 mini. its not a completely bad device, but its not good either. the device lags, it has bugs, and the GPS is just ****ty.
im low in budget, and right now my real options are the Moto G for 250$ or used lumia 920 for the same price.
i have tried the Moto G. its a good device but with very bad camera(worse than my Galaxy s3 mini) and im not sure how is the quality of the internals components for such a price.
on the other hand, i heard a lot about the Lumia, that its a very good quality device, but i never used it. my only experience with WP8 is with Lumia 520 and its a very poor device in terms of web browsing(feels like its kind of Beta device)

so after all the digging,
is a used Lumia 920 is a good purchase for 250$?
is the device feels more mature than the lumia 520?
anyone with experience with both the L920 and the Moto g can share his thoughts ?

thanks for the answers

anon5999636

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I still have a Lumia 920 and its a very good device. The camera is good, The battery Life is OK for me and dont have problems with it. Lumia 520 is OK, but I dont recommend. Moto G is good too! Your decision is based more in preferences than hardware specs.Both are good devices!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.

nowdays, i use Galaxy s3 mini. its not a completely bad device, but its not good either. the device lags, it has bugs, and the GPS is just ****ty.
im low in budget, and right now my real options are the Moto G for 250$ or used lumia 920 for the same price.
i have tried the Moto G. its a good device but with very bad camera(worse than my Galaxy s3 mini) and im not sure how is the quality of the internals components for such a price.
on the other hand, i heard a lot about the Lumia, that its a very good quality device, but i never used it. my only experience with WP8 is with Lumia 520 and its a very poor device in terms of web browsing(feels like its kind of Beta device)

so after all the digging,
is a used Lumia 920 is a good purchase for 250$?
is the device feels more mature than the lumia 520?
anyone with experience with both the L920 and the Moto g can share his thoughts ?

thanks for the answers

I have a 920 right now. It works well.
If the one you're looking at is in good condition, I think its a good deal.

The device certainly feels better than my sister's 521 (same as 520 except slightly taller) IMO although its kinda big. (about on-par with the normal GSIII)
Whatttt, web browsing on my sister's 521 is just fine. The 920 would be the same (Assuming same software) except less reloading and better performance.
I had a friend with the Moto G, its a great device, handles well, I wouldn't have many complaints using it. (except for being Google, not having some higher end features, and the camera)

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
While the Moto G might theoretically perform better in CPU related tasks, the 920 would be the better buy primarily because of the better GPU and much much better camera. I would go for 920, provided that the phone you are purchasing is in good condition.

Harwant Sethi1

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, the Lumia 920 has a camera that only the 1020 and 930/1520 can top, has a solid (albeit ancient) chipset, and a beautiful screen. It's big, but that's more of a reassurance that you're buying a high-quality phone than it is a detriment. Buy a new one, though. They go for around $250 on Amazon. It'll be worth the piece of mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers