And the Xbox Music Update Flaw Continues!!

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/307129-disappointing-xbox-music-update.html

As Mentioned in earlier forum post..This "Annoying Xbox Music App" started to frustrating me now...:angry:
After the recent update gained by Xbox Music app which includes Live Tile support and other new features which one runs on
Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1.
After updating the Xbox Music app the user experience is totally getting worse for me i would say!!
First the app deletes my all songs,playlist(but songs appears in recent played option but won't play #creepy).
Then i thought it would be my SDCard problem as it was a 8GB Class 4 Sandisk which i bought it before using my LUMIA :kiss:
So i bought a new one which again was a Sandisk SDCard but with 16Gigs of Storage capacity and was a Class 10..
I shifted/moved my all the stuff from old sdcard to new sdcard....So then i played some music tracks for a test...
After listening 2 to 3 songs the app worked fine...then i changed the tracked(next track)...as soon as i tapped the next track option the app got
crashed but the song was playing all fine...i thought it was some another bug(Microsoft -_-) problem but no the app won't start now i managed
to stop the song by using upper dock which appears after playing anysong..
I was totally pissed off by now :angry: When i hit the shuffle button at the bottom of the app it again crashed :( and is still crashing...

So anyone have any idea why this is happening to me?? or Anyone having same problem as mine??
Give me other alternative or 3rd Party Music Player(i know Mixradio and Extreme Music Player)??
HELP!!!! wp_ss_20140902_0001.png

THIS PIC IS THE PROOF!!

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Soft reset wont do it. You have to do a hard reset. Xbox music keeps the index file on the phones memory. There is no way to erase and rebuild the file when you change sdcards. The only way is to hard reset the phone.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think the issue is with the app running on wp8.1 update1. Anyone here got dp wp8.1.1 ? Let me know how is the user experience of Xbox music app?

Xbox music is fine for me with 8.1.1 and I have over 11,000 mp3s on a sdcard. Xbox music relies on a index file to tell it where the music is. That file is created when you first run Xbox music. If you delete music or make changes to the music outside the app the index file does not change like it should. Xbox music stores the index file on its internal memory and is a protected file-it cannot be altered. The only way to change it is to hard reset your phone.

Download Modermusic and let the app create an index file- it may take a while. If everything works correctly using Modernmusic then it is not your sdcard and it is definately Xbox Music's indexing that is messed up because you switched sdcards. BTW- the newly updated Modernmusic app is probably the best I have tried so far of them all.

Last edited:

Bruce Moellendick

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
very correct about the hard reset, I recently flashed to Italian Vodaphone RM in order to get the Cyan update (I am on Att U.S.) and have a N920. In reading on the XDA site it was highly recommended that after Flashing a Hard Reset was important because of the wear and tear that such a process puts on the phone. I trust those guys as they have never steered me wrong. All the music on my phone is stored in my PC and has been meticulously tagged and the artwork imbedded. Every artist and album that I have since added has shown up perfectly. I have done this 3 times now (amber then black and now for Cyan Blue) and while it does take some time I really don't mind as it allows me to start with a fresh collection of music. I have a tendency to get the phone really full and get to take out the stuff that I am not currently listening to much. I really like the Live Tile now working again. It just adds so much to the visual look of the start screen. I am hoping that we will at some point be able to utilize the fabulous MPATool app to personalize the background art.

thinkdan

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Mine is not showing the artwork for some albums after the last update. They were showing fine before. I have about 6000 songs stored in a Sandisk 16GB Class 10 card. Frustrating.

BataBole

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I think we're all facing troubles with Xbox Music app. This is my proof how it worked on my phone before the latest update. http://youtu.be/18eBo6bZKhs I believe the OP had same problems.

Then the latest update came out and it was terrible, so I thought maybe a fresh new clean installation would fix the problem.

So I did a hard reset, deleted everything from my phone and my Sandisk 8 GB class 4 SD card and started from beginning. Then I updated XBM to latest version.

I transferred my 2.5K mp3 songs from PC to phone, let the app to read all files and guess what? App performs pretty well now, even though its not fast as WP8 hub tile but its indeed is usable and way faster than it is shown in video.

So I suggest you to do hard reset and start from beginning. It won't cost you anything.

Aashish13

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I think the issue is with the app running on wp8.1 update1. Anyone here got dp wp8.1.1 ? Let me know how is the user experience of Xbox music app?
I'm using dp8.1 update 1. Xbox music is horrible still takes a lot of time. the problem is that they haven't done any tweaks with old code of Xbox music. untill the old code doesn't change Xbox music will work like this. they have updated many times still the app is hell useless. sometimes I cant pause songs it freezes there. they have to remake a new Xbox app for us side by side instead of updating this or they should five us the old hib back with an is update. till then i can use exteme music which is the most advanced player on windows phone. yet that u will love it. even exteme nsuic udoate is coming soon as I spoke to the developer team bringing more features and performance improvements

wpn00b

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
You're listening to Bruno Mars...that's the issue right there!

Hahaha I'm joking. I have yet to get that update (HTC 8X) but if it's causing that much of a problem and this is immediately after the 8.1 Update 1, can you perhaps reset the whole phone? I'd go that length to get music working properly and it sounds to me like not many are having this exact issue as you.

Marc Cupido

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
This morning the xbox music app crashed 5 times in a row before it went in. Then when i was playing my music i locked my screen. The when i unlocked it i had to through that process again!

But when I try to enter the app tonight it literally took me over 30minutes of crashing and still im not in the app. Even the modern music app does the same.

Does anyone have a solution to this because this is a complete disgrace!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs