Lumia 1020 no sound and lockups after latest WP8.1 updates + Cyan

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I have an AT&T-branded Lumia 1020, on Developer Preview, verson 8.1.14157.200

I browsed a bit on the forums, and see all the overnight lock-up issues people are having, and I am experiencing that too. I updated to Cyan last week an evening or two after it was available, and didn't seem to have any problems (alarm went off the next morning). The next day, there were (I believe) two WP8.1 updates, which I did in the evening. After they were done, through the day I started noticing that external sound would not work - I could make phone calls, but speaker phone would not work, and playing videos would have no sound (not muted, volume all the way up). Went to bed, and the alarm didn't go off the next morning. Sometimes, the phone would be locked up (rarely happened before), and after a soft-reset (Vol. Down + Power), I would have a missed call or new text. My theory is that when the phone needs to play a sound (alarm, new text notifications, etc), it will sometimes lock up and freeze the phone - and 'freeze' isn't a good term either, as Glance's clock continues to run fine, the power button will bring up the lock screen, but the lock screen won't respond to touch. On weekends when the alarm isn't scheduled, the phone is not locked up in the morning.

Anyone else having similar issues with sound & lockups being related? I haven't done a factory-reset, would rather not have to go through all that hassle, and am currently just waiting on the next WP8.1 version to come out hoping it'll fix it.

Papasaurus

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I'm getting the same behavior on my Samsung ATIV SE. I've installed the 8.1 Preview for Developers version of WP, so I'm aware I'm more or less unsupported / in a beta environment. Sound comes over BT headphones fine, but nothing from the external speaker. After every reset, I'm also getting prompted for the PUK. Annoying, to say the least, but also detrimental with the alarm not working. On the verge of trying for a factory reset.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium