Facebook notifications

cpmcgrath

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Ok, this has been driving me mad for a while. I have the facebook beta app and it drives me crazy with completely useless notifications in the Action Centre.
There's the, "Do you know XYZ?" notification
The, "Find more of your friends on facebook" notification
The, "XYZ has shared a link" notification. Did they share it with me? No, they just shared it on their timeline.
The, "XYZ has shared a photo" notification. Am I tagged in the photo? No. Is the photo shared with me? No.
And of course my favourite the, "You have 3 notifications." When of course I log into facebook, I don't have any.

This is a complete pain in the *** and the only solution I can find seems to be to turn off notifications all together. And I do want notifications when someone posts on my wall, or has tagged me in a picture.

To be clear, the people who come up in the "Shared a photo" notification is NOT someone I have "Get notifications on for". I currently only have "Photo tag", "Tagged photo comment" and "Photo comment reply" notifications on. I use to have them all on because I thought they all sounded reasonable, but have been disabling them to try and stop these notifications.

Can somebody please help me?

canadamoose

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I have this problem too. I can't imagine we're the only ones. It's super annoying, and yeah maybe I'll just disable all notifications from facebook, but that might not even stop it. I get these find more friends notifications daily. I want to punch someone in the face.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I have the facebook beta app

beta. Beta. BETA. BEEETTTAAAA.
The beta tag is a "get out of jail free" card for apps not behaving the way they should. Just saying.

This is an annoying stuff which is present in both the official and beta versions. Devs need to fix this crap!

I haven't experienced any of this in the action center. The only action center notifications I get from facebook are if they pertain to me. I am on the official app as I don't like beta anything on my phone unless absolutely required.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Forgot to mention, i am on the official facebook app. I left the beta when they screwed up the timeline...best post or something like that.
Didn't like it so said goodbye.
Always nice to have a choice :)

palmujukka

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I use the official version and only get "do you know xyz" and "find more friends" notifications mentioned in the first post. I get those notifications on my iPad too, so this looks to be a feature and not a bug.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the official version and only get "do you know xyz" and "find more friends" notifications mentioned in the first post. I get those notifications on my iPad too, so this looks to be a feature and not a bug.

Well if it is a new facebook feature, which by the observations given by several users here it seems likely, it is possibly being rolled out in waves as I have yet to experience any of this. (Oh boy I cannot wait for this to hit my neck of the woods /sarcasm)

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
beta. Beta. BETA. BEEETTTAAAA.
The beta tag is a "get out of jail free" card for apps not behaving the way they should. Just saying.

I haven't experienced any of this in the action center. The only action center notifications I get from facebook are if they pertain to me. I am on the official app as I don't like beta anything on my phone unless absolutely required.

No, it also happens on the Windows app, non-beta FB app, and other platforms. I've got friends on Android and iOS complaining of the same thing.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Facebook is on it's way to being uninstalled from my phone. Between these unnecessary notifications and the forceful 'active now' and 'last seen' crap that cannot be turned off... Facebook is making themselves a tad too comfortable doing whatever they want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos