Battery is draining when mobile data toggled on!

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
This is a FORUM not a CHAT!
Dont post every 1 minute, are you dumb???

To find out reasons and/or solutions for your problem, use the SEARCH on the this site. You are not the only one with that problem....

But yes, Hard reset could be a solution. Maybe before you try to find Apps that could drain the battery....use battery sense to find the app.
I say it again: There is a lot of information here, read it and youre fine.

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What does that mean? Battery drains in mobile data? Do you mean you are tethering or just have data on while playing a game?
What phone do you have? Are you using developer preview? What version OS? Dude you've got to give some details before asking such an open ended question or else no one will ever respond to you.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Anybody there? Battery drained from 83%-53% in just 30 minutes

There's probably an app that locked up, not you using data instead of Wi-Fi, so do a soft reset (Volume Down + Power Button for 10-15 seconds) and see if it keeps saying like that... Unless you're playing a game, then that's kind of normal depending on what game.

Hope this helps!

WDavis4692

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
It's probably an app. While it's true mobile data can use more battery up than wi-fi, it also depends on A) the signal strength; a weak signal requires more juice, and B) there's a high possibility an app is either broken--or poorly coded, and thus using up inordinate amounts of data.

If you're using 8.1, you can check this theory by opening the 'Data Sense' app, which'll give you a rudimentary idea how much data has been used in the past 30 days. You'll have to note how much data you've used before commencing your test, and note again after.

If a lot of data is used, there's a good chance it's an app. If not, it could still be an app that's activating other aspects of the phone; IE: sensors, etc.

If it's not an app, there's still tricks to save battery life, plenty of guides around telling you what features you don't need, background tasks you can disable that you don't need.

Anojan Sivam

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
There's probably an app that locked up, not you using data instead of Wi-Fi, so do a soft reset (Volume Down + Power Button for 10-15 seconds) and see if it keeps saying like that... Unless you're playing a game, then that's kind of normal depending on what game.

Hope this helps!

Hey man I'm not playing a game! I'm suffering here fed up with windowsphone :(

Anojan Sivam

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
It's probably an app. While it's true mobile data can use more battery up than wi-fi, it also depends on A) the signal strength; a weak signal requires more juice, and B) there's a high possibility an app is either broken--or poorly coded, and thus using up inordinate amounts of data.

If you're using 8.1, you can check this theory by opening the 'Data Sense' app, which'll give you a rudimentary idea how much data has been used in the past 30 days. You'll have to note how much data you've used before commencing your test, and note again after.

If a lot of data is used, there's a good chance it's an app. If not, it could still be an app that's activating other aspects of the phone; IE: sensors, etc.

If it's not an app, there's still tricks to save battery life, plenty of guides around telling you what features you don't need, background tasks you can disable that you don't need.

I've blocked all the apps! Til no changes! Shall I change my battery to 3600 mAh for Lumia 820?

RichardBurt

Banned
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey man I'm not playing a game! I'm suffering here fed up with windowsphone :(

Have you bothered to try ALL of the suggestions that people have given here?

I've blocked all the apps! Til no changes!

And how did you block the apps?

Hey Guys! Does 3600 mAh battery support for Lumia 820?

Instead of screaming like a spoilt little brat have you tried using a search engine to find your answer? And to answer your 3600mAh question (and only because you are too lazy to find your own answers....). There is NO 3600mAh battery for the 820.

The more you wail and scream, the less people will feel like helping you.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb