Lumia Amber, Black, Cyan...what are the differences?

Kupuna

Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia 928 (Verizon) that tells me it has Lumia Black. I have successfully applied the developer preview 8.1
A lot of people on the forums have their tails on fire :) about Lumia Cyan. What will it bring to the phone? How is it differentiated from the 8.1 software? And does Lumia Amber figure in this too?
Will some kind person make me better informed? Thanks very much.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Lumia amber was a windows 8 update, then came Lumia black which added few new features & now you have Lumia cyan. Lumia cyan increases the battery life of your phone as compared to 8.1 dev preview, also there are some bug fixes, enhancements etc. If you have 8.1 update 1 preview, then you have more features than Lumia cyan. Lumia debian red will optimize the bugs etc on 8.1 update 1 dev preview & update would be coming soon, because Lumia 730, 830 are coming with Lumia debian red update. You could search the internet & check out the features of Lumia cyan, because the list is very long

Kyle Stilkey

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Lumia amber was a windows 8 update, then came Lumia black which added few new features & now you have Lumia cyan. Lumia cyan increases the battery life of your phone as compared to 8.1 dev preview, also there are some bug fixes, enhancements etc. If you have 8.1 update 1 preview, then you have more features than Lumia cyan. Lumia debian red will optimize the bugs etc on 8.1 update 1 dev preview & update would be coming soon, because Lumia 730, 830 are coming with Lumia debian red update. You could search the internet & check out the features of Lumia cyan, because the list is very long

Not 100% true, Amber, Black and now Cyan are Firmware updates not a software update that brings with it new features, fixes and better performance with battery and the camera. When Cyan becomes available for your phone for dev accounts it will let you know the update is available to download. Cyan brings with it battery life improvement, better camera enhancements and download indicates when using cellular data or Wi-Fi. It also brings the new 4.0 Bluetooth APIs to work with devices like fitbit.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
The big deal with "Black" was driving mode which was a "meh" feature.
Black also tickled many of us under the developer preview with very nice features such as:
Apps to SD
More tiles on the start screen
Transparent tiles
Background pics under start
...etc;

Amber was a bit boring although it ran smoothly on many phones.

I have a Lumia that has Cyan out of the box.
Certain apps from the store don't like this phone.
However Cyan has been extremely stable with really good battery life.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro