"My family needs to be setup " can't update apps

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WPCentral Question

I have just updated my lumia 820 to Cyan 8.1 and can't update or download apps from the store .I always get the message ; " My family needs to be set up before you can get this app .Ask a parent to go to windowsphone.com/family on their computer , sign in with their Microsoft account, and set up My Family "

I made a parent account and created an email to add as a kid and made a profile for him in Xbox. My Microsoft account in the ( email+accounts ) is fine and doesn't ask for attention or anything and I'm 19 years old and my birthdate in the e-mail is set to the year 1995

Please someone help me with this problem

Thanks,

Martsicky

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Christel, just change your birth date to match that you're 21+ yrs old and everything should be fine. I had the same issue with my hotmail account (although I've been 18 back then) so I just created another one with birth date set to xx.xx.1980 😅 I didn't consider changing my birth date on the old account as it was full of spam anyway, so just created a new one...

Note: After changing your birth date re-sync your main account.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Christel, just change your birth date to match that you're 21+ yrs old and everything should be fine. I had the same issue with my hotmail account (although I've been 18 back then) so I just created another one with birth date set to xx.xx.1980 😅 I didn't consider changing my birth date on the old account as it was full of spam anyway, so just created a new one...

Note: After changing your birth date re-sync your main account.

I endorse this solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb