Looking to get a good Windows tablet other than an SP, SP2, or SP3?? Any ideas??
    09-05-2014 01:14 PM
    price range? the samsung ativ tab 3 looks great but the complaints i read is what put me off tbh
    jcrod73 likes this.
    09-05-2014 01:27 PM
    Looking to get a good Windows tablet other than an SP, SP2, or SP3?? Any ideas??
    Anything cheaper than a SP3 i3 model. So like under $800??
    09-05-2014 02:49 PM
    go for any damn dell tablet it's awesome. or for Acer iconia of u want a vertical screen tablet. hp Omni is also another good option.
    jcrod73 likes this.
    09-05-2014 02:55 PM
    Anything cheaper than a SP3 i3 model. So like under $800??
    You definitely have a wide variety of options to choose from.

In the 8-inch tablet range, there are quite a lot, typically from ~$200-300 or so and from a variety of manufacturers.
    Under the hood, this current generation (dubbed Bay Trail) is the same for the most part, but there's smaller differences between models. ASUS has one with a Wacom digitizer, Dell's Venue 8 Pro can often be found for less and has a proprietary active stylus, and so on.

In the larger full-size iPad, Surface area, I recommend taking a look at the Dell Venue 11 Pro for the most part, which I hold as the most versatile with a swappable battery and various accessories (laptop kb dock, slim kb, desktop dock, etc.) and configurations. (choice of Atom, to a top end Core i7, which might bump up against that $800 ceiling)

If on a budget, the ASUS Transformer T100 has a claim to fame for including a laptop-style keyboard dock in the $300 price tag.

There are some last gen tablets around (thinking of last gen Atoms like the Latitude 10, ThinkPad Tablet 2 - could be wrong on that), but I might hold off on them unless the sheer utility, design, and price outweighs the lesser performance of last gen Clover Trail Atom processors.
    jcrod73 likes this.
    09-05-2014 07:55 PM
    I've been using the Dell Venue Pro 11 for the past few months, and after getting a small wireless keyboard, I've stopped using my laptop and even do my college homework using MS Office without any problems. The only issue I had with it at first was a weird touch screen bug, which was fixed with a firmware update, so if you were to decide on this particular tablet, make sure to update all the drivers and firmware from the Dell site.
    jcrod73 likes this.
    09-09-2014 01:32 AM