My Phone Screen is not responding / Complex Problem

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Yesterday was a very bad day for me. First , i just learned that i failed my exams , and now , my lumia 920 is completly out of control. It's a very complex problem and i don't know how to solve it.
My 920 was on the 8.1 GDR 1 version (Black firmware) with Preview for Developers. The phone was working really fine. No bugs , no crash , no falling, everything was running extra.
Yesterday morning , i was sliding throught 6tag to see the pictures of my friend , and suddenly the whole phone stopped responding ( the screen freezed , the lock button , the volume button , etc ... ) so i tried to soft reset it , the phone restarted and it worked fine ... for 5 minutes , the screen stopped responding again( this time only the screen , the volume button was working , and the tiles keep turning over, the screen was not freezed , only the touch was not detected ). After 2 or 3 soft reset , my phone still couldn't detect my fingers. I was worried that the touch input of my screen was broken , and so i needed to change the phone's touchscreen.
But after reseting my phone one more time , the touch was working again. So i thought that the problem was software , and not hardware.
Then , i moved from soft reset to hard reset , i transfered all my files via usb before and hard-reseted my phone , but still my phone screen was not always responding.
After that , i installed the Nokia Recovery Software tool , my phones went back from 8.1 GDR1 to 8.0 GDR3. But Still , the touch screen was not always responding , it worked some time , and stopped working after 5/10min.
I installed the Preview for Developers on the phone ( it didn't detect Cyan update without PfD ) , and now , my phone is on the 8.1 GDR1 again.
All I can do now is soft reset the screen , it sometimes work for 5/10 min ( sometimes for 30 min ) and then the touch input don't work again.

I don't think the problem is hardware since the touch input works sometimes , and the last my 920 falled on the floor was like 6 months ago , so i don't think it's a physical issue.

I tried to connect my phone to Nokia Care Suite. For the version 2012.45.5.40 , the software was saying:
Error : This phone is not supported.
Then i kept looking for a more recent version of Nokia Care Suite. I found the version 2013.49.4.30 , and now my phone is not even detected by the software ( but it's detected by Windows , i can navigate the phone folders on the file explorer ).

One other thing is that my phone is out of warranty now ( the 1 year warranty is over ).

I really need some help. Thanks for taking my problem into consideration.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ayman, first I hope you better chance with the next exam.
Second actually this problem must be a hardware issue, because by using Nokia recovery tool you've installed the OS again so no problems with the OS.
So what's happening? Why out response for a couple of minutes then stop? I don't know sorry :/

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Bassem.
I don't think the problem is hardware because if it was so , the screen wouldn't respond at all. While now , the phone works just fine sometimes for 30min than it stop responding.

The problem is that the warranty of my phone is over , so if it's a hardware problem , then it's gone and i should just throw it . ( Lumia 920 Replacement screens are so hard to find where i live.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Bassem.
I don't think the problem is hardware because if it was so , the screen wouldn't respond at all. While now , the phone works just fine sometimes for 30min than it stop responding.

The problem is that the warranty of my phone is over , so if it's a hardware problem , then it's gone and i should just throw it . ( Lumia 920 Replacement screens are so hard to find where i live.
Where do you live?

AymanWP93

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
EDIT : It's definitely not a hardware problem. I used the test program of Nokia Care Suite many times.
The Screen detects every contact.
I'm sure it's a software problem, but even with nokia recovery tool , i can't seem to repair it.

hardware1.png

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I would say software too as it works straight away. What I would recommend it to reinstall Nokia software recovery tool again but DONT use your back up. As it may have a bug which keeps reinstalling the problem. It is a long process to reinstall your apps I admit... But do it one by one then you can rule out what app is making this happen

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Your issue definitely sounds like a hardware problem. My previous HTC HD7 used to behave like this before the entire touch screen failed February this year.

The touch screen acts up randomly as far as I can tell. And back then I thought it's a software bug, but time proved that it's not.

Wam1q

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
@AymanWP93: Salam. It's off-topic for this thread, but since you didn't reply to my PM and email, I am asking here: Where did you get the .xap/.appx for HTC blinkfeed? I have a dev-unlocked Lumia and want to see how that app is on my Lumia. (because you mentioned somewhere you have it installed on your Lumia)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs