Hi Guys,

Yesterday was a very bad day for me. First , i just learned that i failed my exams , and now , my lumia 920 is completly out of control. It's a very complex problem and i don't know how to solve it.
    My 920 was on the 8.1 GDR 1 version (Black firmware) with Preview for Developers. The phone was working really fine. No bugs , no crash , no falling, everything was running extra.
    Yesterday morning , i was sliding throught 6tag to see the pictures of my friend , and suddenly the whole phone stopped responding ( the screen freezed , the lock button , the volume button , etc ... ) so i tried to soft reset it , the phone restarted and it worked fine ... for 5 minutes , the screen stopped responding again( this time only the screen , the volume button was working , and the tiles keep turning over, the screen was not freezed , only the touch was not detected ). After 2 or 3 soft reset , my phone still couldn't detect my fingers. I was worried that the touch input of my screen was broken , and so i needed to change the phone's touchscreen.
    But after reseting my phone one more time , the touch was working again. So i thought that the problem was software , and not hardware.
    Then , i moved from soft reset to hard reset , i transfered all my files via usb before and hard-reseted my phone , but still my phone screen was not always responding.
    After that , i installed the Nokia Recovery Software tool , my phones went back from 8.1 GDR1 to 8.0 GDR3. But Still , the touch screen was not always responding , it worked some time , and stopped working after 5/10min.
    I installed the Preview for Developers on the phone ( it didn't detect Cyan update without PfD ) , and now , my phone is on the 8.1 GDR1 again.
    All I can do now is soft reset the screen , it sometimes work for 5/10 min ( sometimes for 30 min ) and then the touch input don't work again.

I don't think the problem is hardware since the touch input works sometimes , and the last my 920 falled on the floor was like 6 months ago , so i don't think it's a physical issue.

I tried to connect my phone to Nokia Care Suite. For the version 2012.45.5.40 , the software was saying:
    Error : This phone is not supported.
    Then i kept looking for a more recent version of Nokia Care Suite. I found the version 2013.49.4.30 , and now my phone is not even detected by the software ( but it's detected by Windows , i can navigate the phone folders on the file explorer ).

One other thing is that my phone is out of warranty now ( the 1 year warranty is over ).

I really need some help. Thanks for taking my problem into consideration.
    09-06-2014 04:53 AM
    Hi Ayman, first I hope you better chance with the next exam.
    Second actually this problem must be a hardware issue, because by using Nokia recovery tool you've installed the OS again so no problems with the OS.
    So what's happening? Why out response for a couple of minutes then stop? I don't know sorry :/
    09-06-2014 05:05 AM
    Thanks Bassem.
    I don't think the problem is hardware because if it was so , the screen wouldn't respond at all. While now , the phone works just fine sometimes for 30min than it stop responding.

The problem is that the warranty of my phone is over , so if it's a hardware problem , then it's gone and i should just throw it . ( Lumia 920 Replacement screens are so hard to find where i live.
    09-06-2014 08:01 AM
    Thanks Bassem.
    I don't think the problem is hardware because if it was so , the screen wouldn't respond at all. While now , the phone works just fine sometimes for 30min than it stop responding.

The problem is that the warranty of my phone is over , so if it's a hardware problem , then it's gone and i should just throw it . ( Lumia 920 Replacement screens are so hard to find where i live.
    Where do you live?
    09-06-2014 08:09 AM
    EDIT : It's definitely not a hardware problem. I used the test program of Nokia Care Suite many times.
    The Screen detects every contact.
    I'm sure it's a software problem, but even with nokia recovery tool , i can't seem to repair it.

hardware1.png
    09-06-2014 08:32 AM
    I would say software too as it works straight away. What I would recommend it to reinstall Nokia software recovery tool again but DONT use your back up. As it may have a bug which keeps reinstalling the problem. It is a long process to reinstall your apps I admit... But do it one by one then you can rule out what app is making this happen
    09-06-2014 08:46 AM
    No , it's not about the apps.
    Just after restoring my phone, the first screen ( which says welcome to windows phone ) does not respond.
    Mavee Shah likes this.
    09-06-2014 10:01 AM
    No , it's not about the apps.
    Just after restoring my phone, the first screen ( which says welcome to windows phone ) does not respond.
    Same condition with my Lumia changing touch also didn't work
    09-06-2014 10:11 AM
    Your issue definitely sounds like a hardware problem. My previous HTC HD7 used to behave like this before the entire touch screen failed February this year.

The touch screen acts up randomly as far as I can tell. And back then I thought it's a software bug, but time proved that it's not.
    09-06-2014 10:13 AM
    @AymanWP93: Salam. It's off-topic for this thread, but since you didn't reply to my PM and email, I am asking here: Where did you get the .xap/.appx for HTC blinkfeed? I have a dev-unlocked Lumia and want to see how that app is on my Lumia. (because you mentioned somewhere you have it installed on your Lumia)
    09-07-2014 10:40 AM