unticking developers preview after downloading the official cyan update

P

Piyush987

I didn't untick the preview and with help of Nokia software recovery tool downloaded cyan update. Then soon after downloading cyan update I got another update saying "additional language support" then after this the unticked the preview fearing that the update I had got was a developer preview update. Is this update which I have got after installing official cyan update is the official update or am I getting the developers preview update. (Lumia 520) help please.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well it doesn't matter if you have it ticked or unticked as the Recovery tool will completely wipe your device and reflash the rom. Therefore to enroll back in to get a preview for developers update, you would need to re-install the app (it would have re-installed if you restored) and re-enroll again.

Additional language support is basically as far I understand it is an update to the language pack.

Jakez98

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Don't worry. The update that you received after getting the official Lumia Cyan update is an official release OS update. I received the update on my Lumia 1020 after getting Lumia Cyan using Nokia Software Recovery Tool too. No worries. You're fine.

Just for your information, the Developer Preview OS version is currently 8.10.14157.200. The official release version is 8.10.12393.890.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs