Lumia 920, update to Cyan result in touch problem

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

After my Lumia 920 was updated to Cyan I experience problems with the touch panel. All of a sudden, the phone goes crazy clicking random things by it self and/or stop responding to touch. If I turn the screen lock on and of, the problem disappears but recurs after some random time.

So far I have only experienced the problem when I use the phone while charging.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? Are there any solutions?

Mia Ingmarsdotter

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
No, no protective film or such.

My touch settings are
Touch sensitivity: high

Is that what you mean by "turned up"? I need it to be set to "high" when I use my riding gloves. Besides, this setting works just fine most of the time (probably only as long as I don't plug in the charging cable)? I'll try to change the touch settings when I'm charging the phone to find out if this is the problem. I COULD pull the charging cord when I want to use the phone. But it sucks when I use Here Drive+ in the car - that app drains the battery as fast as a dog who thinks he's about to miss dinner :cry: )

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried a soft reset? This may help.

Hold volume down and the power button until the phone vibrates and the phone will restart. You may need to reset time and date.

If this doesn't work the other option is a hard reset but that will wipe your phone clean. If you play games or have certain apps that save data to the phone this could be an issue for you but it would probably fix this.

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me. It is not related to cyan, any phone will do this if you connect a weak charger to it, specially those fake ones. Try connecting a charger with >1200mA rating.

Mia Ingmarsdotter

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I found the problem! Just as Hacer619 said, there was something wrong with the charger. It is an original Nokia phone charger, so it's probably broken in some way. I found out when I switched charger with my boyfriend - actually to rule out the possibility of charger problems. My boyfriends phone (Lumia 1520) seems to have no problems with it however...

Updated phone, updated charger = happy Mia :grin:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans