OneDrive Photos backup

AgentSplurge

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
I have my phone set to backup my contacts, mail, texts, settings etc but I have had photos set to not back up as it got messy - for some reason all it did was upload all my pictures creating a mess on my OneDrive as it didn't delete any photos that I deleted off my phone!

Is there any way to get my OneDrive to sync photos and videos, like everything else does instead of just uploading them? Other wise I don't really see the point in this function, why is it different to every other back up option?!

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I believe the reasoning is that you might want to free space on your phone without losing the backed up photos in the cloud. Also, if you have more than one phone connected to a OneDrive account, which one would you want to synchronize from? It makes more sense to make it an accumulation of all the phones. That's certainly how I use it. Granted it's a little onerous to have to delete the unwanted pictures twice, but it's better than accidentally deleting a keeper.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I always left the cloud for backing up contacts and settings, but when it comes to large amounts of data like photos and videos, I prefer the simple method of just plugging it into the USB port on my computer. It automatically backs up everything on the phone as id like it to. I can also simply go into the file explorer to then quickly delete what I don't want on my phone anymore.

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
It wouldn't be safe to have that functionality, and would lead to photos accidently being deleted, forever!

Once the photos are backed up you can delete photos from your devices, to get back storage space, knowing that all the photos are backed up to the cloud, and safe.

Nancy546

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
If you are looking for external hard drive for saving the data than you have to save manually whatever you want by connecting to your external device. But at the same time if you want that your data can be saved manually than you have to go for cloud storage. Not all but some of the cloud Backup solutions can automatically save your data. I am familiar with one of the cloud storage provider. I can also advise that you can recommend your friend to go ahead with Free CloudBacko. I think you are also concerned about cost of data storage. But in CloudBacko I am saving 100TB of data with out paying any charges. You can automatically save data by log in directly through your social media account.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss