No change in Firmware Revision Number...

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview(before this I updated once when the black update came but I didn't get the black update what I got was only some of its features) my OS version is 8.10.14157.200 but my Firmware revision number is 1030.6408.1309.0001

Please tell me what to do.
Thank You!

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
The Developer Preview is only the OS, as it comes from Microsoft's OS group. Lumia firmware comes from the device division, often through the phone carrier, and isn't available through the Preview program.

If Cyan is available for your phone through the production update mechanism, you have a choice to make: wait for it to be released to Developer Preview users (currently delayed due to update issues with a few phones), or use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool or Nokia Care Suite to return your phone to the current production release, which may be Black/8.0 or Cyan/8.1, depending on where your particular phone is in the update queue. If you land on Black/8.0, you'll have to go through the production update process to get to Cyan/8.1, so make sure it's available for your phone first. Once you're on Cyan/8.1, you can reinstall and enable the Developer Preview app, if you like, to get the DP Update 1 version back. There are detailed instructions on the forum for the best ways to save and restore your data if you decide to use NSRT or NCS.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans