Dear All,
    I bought a Lumia 1320 a week back and I have to say that I'm delighted to have bought the device...
    However I have noticed that the speech recognition is not working....my OS is Windows 8.1 and Im from India.
    But my colleague who has Lumia 625 with Win 8.1 the feature is working...
    Settings

Settings icon > Speech ticking the Enable Speech Recognition Service checkbox.

Any inputs on this..

Regards
    Naveen.
    09-09-2014 01:22 PM
    I have the same issue with my Lumia 930.

But in my case, I set the language as English (US) and my region as USA and firstly it works flawlessly.

However, recently I have problems: Cortana, built in messaging apps, bing,... (all apps that can use voice recognition) suddenly stop working. I always receive the message "sorry, couldn't hear any thing". Even in Viber when I send voice message, my voice is always very small and cannot be heard by my friend.

I am sure that my microphone is ok because my friend can hear me well in a regular phone call.

I tried
    - Soft reset
    - Hard (factory) reset
    - Re-installing the phone software using Nokia Recovery Tool

But nothing works. Is there anyone have the same issue and fixed it successfully? Nokia Care claiming that it may be hardware issue but if that's the case I cannot make phone call, right?
    09-21-2014 11:48 PM
    I have the same issue with my Lumia 930.

But in my case, I set the language as English (US) and my region as USA and firstly it works flawlessly.

However, recently I have problems: Cortana, built in messaging apps, bing,... (all apps that can use voice recognition) suddenly stop working. I always receive the message "sorry, couldn't hear any thing". Even in Viber when I send voice message, my voice is always very small and cannot be heard by my friend.

I am sure that my microphone is ok because my friend can hear me well in a regular phone call.

I tried
    - Soft reset
    - Hard (factory) reset
    - Re-installing the phone software using Nokia Recovery Tool

But nothing works. Is there anyone have the same issue and fixed it successfully? Nokia Care claiming that it may be hardware issue but if that's the case I cannot make phone call, right?
    Have you been able to fix this issue? I have the same issue on my 925 since I upgraded Cyan.
    11-01-2014 04:20 PM
    I also have the same issue on my 925 since I upgraded to Cyan...can someone help us? Frustrated! Faithful Microsoft phone user :-(
    11-09-2014 11:53 AM