So what's the next big windows phone?

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Ok I just watched the apple keynote and although I HATE iPhones, I've been wanting to try a phablet out and am tempted.

My Lumia 920 is my first windows phone and while it hasn't been perfect, I've been pretty happy with it.

My contract is up in November and i definitely am going to go for a phablet sized phone and I don't want to get an old 1520. I'm totally fine with waiting a few months to get the latest and greatest.

I really haven't been keeping up with windows phone news at all for the past 6-9 months. Is there anything coming on the horizon that's worth getting excited for?

Thanks!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You say old 1520, but the spec is still top shelf. I just got a 1520.3 and consider it a big upgrade over the 925 I had.

Arguably, only the One (M8) has better spec and that is only marginal.

The Snapdragon 800 SOC will leverage all the advances coming in the next rounds of updates.

It looks like nothing coming until possibly next spring...

It's all theoretical at this point, but the only thing that will beat a 1520 that might be in the works is a 1025 or 1030 super camera phone. Most likely with a 50MP camera, SD 805 SOC and 3GB RAM... If they do it right and follow what 1020 fans want. HOWEVER, you probably won't get phablet size or battery life, maybe not even SD card slot. There almost always are trade offs.

Guitarpik

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Being that I keep my phones at least 2 years, I just don't like buying a phone that's been on the market for more than 3 months. I love the 1520, it looks and feels awesome but in 2 months I'm not going to want to "waste" my upgrade on an "old" phone.

Looks like it's going to be a hard decision for me in November. Not sure I want to wait until Spring.

Thanks for your reply!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon