Change gmail password on windows 8.1 after changing

W

WPCentral Question

Hello everyone

How can I change the password for syncing my gmail? I've changed it on gmail.com, and now I have to change it on my phone but can not find that option in the app settings.

Thanks

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone

How can I change the password for syncing my gmail? I've changed it on gmail.com, and now I have to change it on my phone but can not find that option in the app settings.

Thanks

It will that you that the account requires your attention, and ask you to enter the correct password.
You can probably speed it up by manually refreshing the google email.

YannisB

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Same here. However it seems that windows phone 8.1 (Lumia 930) does not need the updated password to synchronize Gmail -even after password change there.

Tried yesterday. Gmail password changed and my 930 was continuously receiving/sending e-mails and calendar updates. Looks like the one time (first time) connection with Google services is good enough to synch and stay up to date -until you remove the account from "email + accounts" settings on wp 8.1

Comments from expert's community would be much appreciated.

Uros Galovic

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
I changed the gmail password on pc, but my lumia 925 (wp 8.1) is syncing e-mails without asking to type new password..
Here is the solution, you shoud go to google account permissions and "revoce access" for the windows phone applications.
When you do that, you will have to sign in to google account with new password on your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa