Should I stick to Windows Phone?

ItsDaFaz

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
BEFORE YOU ASSUME ANYTHING...

I love Windows Phone. I bought a Lumia 525 some months ago and so far, I love it. However, I'm facing constant harassment from friends and family for buying a Windows Phone. Also, I have to admit, the ecosystem here leaves a lot to be desired. Should I stick to this platform? Is the future of WP so good that I will have nothing to lose if I do stay?

Also, about high-end Android Phones, there are always drawbacks. HTC One M8 has a relatively poor camera, Xperia Z2 has poor screens in that class, LG G2 has too many pixels to keep up on performance, and I don't like Galaxy phones. I also am not fond of the Lumia 930. So, please give your opinions whether I should stick, and get a high-end Lumia (I'll wait for 940) or ditch for Android? And please give reasons why, if you can :grin:

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I just bought the one plus one and my icon, and personally I'm going to keep both phones to get the best of both worlds
And lets be real, Microsoft has been letting down WP recently 😢

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
The Z3 hasn't been released yet, but I pre-ordered the Z3 Compact and Clove UK is shipping it next Monday.
So once I have it, I'll be able to tell you something more specific.

The one thing that I can tell you in advance about a con is related to Android itself. On 4.4 Google removed the saving and moving of apps and games to the SD card. The Z3 only has 16GB of storage (12GB available). While it has a microSD card, you can't put apps in it unless you root the device and go around that.
On Android L Google is expected to correct that situation. Sony has also brought that feature back on the T2. It's not clear if the feature was put on the Z3 series too or not. We'll have to wait and see.

Also, you may want to get a microUSB to magnetic charger adapter. It's a cheap device that turns the microUSB cable into a magnetic cable for you to charge the phone. It will spare you the nuisance of having to open the water-protection flaps of the phone to charge it every time you need to do so. Unfortunately Sony still hasn't built Qi into the phones (there's a Qi charging cover expected for the Z3 though)

Thanks for the helpful reply.

I have a few months left and I really hope some third party developers start to embrace WP8.x in that time but I have started to make contingency (been wanting to use that word since the recession started!!) plans. My Garmin Edge 510 should be ready for collection tomorrow. Currently only compatible with iOS and Android official apps. Cycling has become a huge part of my life and I want a device that is compatible with the activities I'm doing and at the moment, WP falls way short of that.

Really hoping it changes though as I love WP OS!

Mohamed El-Fadaly

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Windows phone haven't completed yet, Microsoft still develop it and they try to improve it, actually Windows phone don't have much apps but, you have the important apps like Facebook, twitter...etc, in other hand Windows phone is very fast and don't have many issues, by the time Windows phone will have many apps and there where no problem I have Lumia 630 Ahmad it works excellent that iam righted this comment by swipe keyboard that is so smart and fast so, at the end that my opinion about Windows phone so, don't switch to Android maybe switch to ios because Android is rubbish not like Windows phone and ios, and wait Windows 10 update maybe it make you don't switch to any is.😃

ItsDaFaz

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Yes, Facebook, twitter, etc... are all present, but my point is that, they are nowhere near as good as their Android or iOS counterparts...
I love Windows Phone, and the range of Apps they have doesn't concern me, but the quality does...

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I am apart of the dualos crowd as well. I have an iPad mini so the needs I don't find in my phone, I have in my tabletbut aside from battery, most of my needs are met. - native xbox music allows me to download music by artist and not by creating this monster playlist- word flow is brilliant along with how the prediction will help predict your sentence without you barely having to type - although they took away some features, I'm still able to see family and friends social media updates at a glance - the apps I need are there in the ecosystem, but maybe not for you-cortana has been a great feature and the unobtrusive way they've implemented the notification center still let's me to not be overwhelmed like I would be on iOS (all those red notification numbers) and androidi could go on but I know I'm sticking with windows. Hardware was just a matter of an issue
To add to this, I have bought a Desire 610 and will stick with it for awhile until I find some hardware from Microsoft that I will truly enjoy. My 1020 was slugging along with the dual core processor so I couldn't deal with it anymore. I do have my 520 if I do want to try some things still with WP.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Interesting choice! I'm curious what made you choose this phone. It roughly compares to the Moto G, doesn't it?
Was shopping and was getting tired of my 1020. At target they had it for 180.00 and it had decent specs so didn't want to spend an arm and a leg on something temporary. No at&t Moto g are in stores on the shelves. Just the cdma prepaid ones

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720