Error code 80860006 on Nokia 920.

W

WPCentral Question

Updated my phone and now I keep getting error code 8086006, I can't update apps, I can't back up to the cloud. How can this problem be solved please?

Scotty Henderson

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Updated my phone and now I keep getting error code 8086006, I can't update apps, I can't back up to the cloud. How can this problem be solved please?

The problem is simple when I applied myself to finding an answer, as I had the same problem. Two things I did, but not sure which was the one that actually triggered the change . First I went to settings / sync my settings. I didn't have passwords synced so I activated it which forced a signon to my MS account. I guessed at my password, got it right, and got a security code sent, which I then entered.
That done, I went to date+time, turned it off and looked at settings which were correct, and turned it back on to automatic. I escaped from the sub menus and went to apps and started updating. I think the logon to my MS account did it, but you can try the date trick first and see if it does anything - probably not. If you don't have a MS account, you may need to create one on your phone after which everything should work fine.

Good luck. If this 70 year old Sr. can figure it out so can you.!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss