Whatsapp message notifications problem

W

WPCentral Question

has anybody noticed any issues with whats app message notification... i am not getting messaged delivered... ie.. only 1 tick is seen on sending device and all the messages come when we open the app... getting this on 3 different devices...

yaoiboy5

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
And another one here too. Lumia 620 with Cyan.

I reinstalled WA but nothing, I'm still having the same problem. Also, it's the only app with the problem because I don't have any issue with Skype and FB Messenger.

Edit: And as some of you said, it started just a couple of days ago.

29martin85

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
same here in Indonesia. I just realized this morning... I use 625..updated to 8.1 Cyan... I've soft-reset it but still no change..I also has re-install it..but still the same... FYI last night, I restart my phone just for nothing..but then there thunder and gear icon appeared..and I soft reset it... Was it the problem? What's the thunder and gear icon appearance mean? Thank you

ZoZ TheBLOGer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Same problem here...notification come and go...when they are not coming they do appear when i open whatsapp.
First problems with my whatsapp notifications started yesterday afternoon.
WP 8.1 cyan

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Same problem in Croatia on 930, 925, another 925, 920 and 520. All of them getting WhatsApp notifications with a delay. Sometimes one minute, sometimes more than 15 minutes.
Sent from my Lumia 930 using Tapatalk

Hackemate

May 30, 2012
Visit site
atypunym.png
And this problem too, from last two days...

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I was wrong earlier. Now in India on my Lumia 1320 running WP8.1 with Cyan firmware, even i'm not getting notifications on Whatsapp and since many of us are facing this issue, it seems to be a genuine problem.

Brandon Tobias

May 6, 2014
Visit site
i had the same problem Wednesday night with whats app telling me there is a connectivity error please restart to resolve ... that did not work.
also same night whats app bugged out all notifications stopped working i took off all connections restarted the phone and went to bed when i woke up and turned WiFi on notifications came in as normal but whats app gives issues on an off still only if two or more people message ill get the notification usually like a 30mins after the message was delivered.

also occasionally whats app says that whats app does not support this version. ... MS / Whatsapp need to fix this ... i am this close to running back to an Android device until things get a little better on Windows.

920 + 8.1.1 DP

fdokos

Oct 21, 2011
www.greekberry.com
Same here, Lumia 930 Cyan (clean) - Vodafone Greece. It started on Wednesday night...and also I got that message that the app is not supported, etc...why on earth did fb buy it? It started killing it maybe?

Sent from Lumia 930.

anon(6183039)

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I would suggest try the following steps I have heard from another forum:
1) close all opened apps include those in the background
2) go to settings and disallow whatsapp app to running in the background and close settings app
3) open whatsapp and the close it
4) go to seetings again and allow whatsapp app to running in the background
5) try and see if it works

Seems to work so far. But I will keep monitoring.

All credits to the original poster.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720