I suppose there's time yet, but is Denim going to get its own official WPC Tracker page? It may not be as big an advance as Cyan, but I'm itching for an update and wonder if interest will build. I am hoping to get a Developer's Preview because I'm interested in the miracast device.
    09-12-2014 02:33 PM
    I suppose there's time yet, but is Denim going to get its own official WPC Tracker page? It may not be as big an advance as Cyan, but I'm itching for an update and wonder if interest will build. I am hoping to get a Developer's Preview because I'm interested in the miracast device.
    Well, Black did (if I remember correctly) and it wasn't that big either.
    09-12-2014 02:40 PM
    Black to Cyan was a huge jump since it came with the massive upgrade from WP8 to 8.1, whereas Denim now seems to mainly only focus on camera so I doubt it'll enjoy as much spotlight as Cyan.
    09-12-2014 02:41 PM
    According to MS, Denim will start rolling out in Q4 this year (October - December), so there is quite some time until it ;)
    The Cyan tracker was based on a forum topic, so it should be the same this time. I guess I might spend some time to make such a topic, since the OP of the previous thread is not as active AFAIK.
    09-12-2014 02:43 PM
    Black to Cyan was a huge jump since it came with the massive upgrade from WP8 to 8.1, whereas Denim now seems to mainly only focus on camera so I doubt it'll enjoy as much spotlight as Cyan.
    Not everybody is using Preview for Developers to get the OS update, so there is pretty much new stuff for all Lumia users.
    gerzhwin likes this.
    09-12-2014 02:44 PM
    You already have a DP of Denim - it's GDR1, or Windows 8.1 Update 1

Miracast is part of the firmware release that Denim will be, but the software's already out to the DP community.
    09-12-2014 02:46 PM
    You already have a DP of Denim - it's GDR1, or Windows 8.1 Update 1

Miracast is part of the firmware release that Denim will be, but the software's already out to the DP community.
    I think he's talking about HD10 device.
    09-12-2014 03:06 PM