Can I restore game progress from backup?

auahmed

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Recently I bought a 1520 and tried to restore backup from my previous 925. Everything went fine, all the apps and games are installed, but the games are all fresh new, no previous game progress got transferred. I may sound silly to ask this but, is this supposed to happen or am I missing something?? I don't wanna play all those games from scratch again.
Both the devices are on 8.1 and the 1520 was fresh from factory reset.

auahmed

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Well, my previous phone was a 925, so SD card was out of the question for me. And for the Other section, MS really need to do something here. I have almost 40 MB of data showing as other files in my 925. Dunno how to get rid of them. :eck:

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Well, my previous phone was a 925, so SD card was out of the question for me. And for the Other section, MS really need to do something here. I have almost 40 MB of data showing as other files in my 925. Dunno how to get rid of them. :eck:

are you serious? 40 MB is almost nothing compared to some issues people had a few updates back. Other is miscellaneous data, don't assume its useless.

also, games may or may not save data when backed up. some do it, some dont.

auahmed

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Other is miscellaneous data, don't assume its useless.
I intentionally copied some unsupported files just to check where they go and how to deal with them. But I ended up with more "junk" in the memory with no way to get rid off. Good thing that I played with only a few MB of data.

also, games may or may not save data when backed up. some do it, some dont.
Well that's a bummer. Leaving aside phone switching, now I'll have to think twice before a hard reset if I ever need to do it. :unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786