Windows Tablets?

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I'm interested in getting a tablet with Windows. Which one is the best to get? I'd prefer 8 or 10 inches, and preferably with Office already loaded on. A great screen and at the very least a decent battery.
I've looked at the Nokia Lumia 2520 and like what I see there. Only problem-I have no need for a 4G tablet.
I've sort of looked at the Dell Venue Pro 8. But does it come with Office?
I don't want to pay a huge amount, an affordable tablet would do. Oh and a front facing camera would be great.
Can you guys help me out? I'd really appreciate it, thanks.

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
There are several great tablets available for the 8-10 inch range. I would go to the microsoftstore website. And look at the options. Here are a few options I like.

The ThinkPad 8 is priced at $399 but it has the best display in my opinion and comes with 64GB of storage. Has Office and a 2MP front and 8MP rear camera. Buy Lenovo ThinkPad 8 Touchscreen Tablet - Microsoft Store

The Dell Venue Pro 8 is priced at $249 for 32GB storage and $299 for 64GB of storage. It comes with Office and has a 1.2MP front and 5MP rear camera. It also can have a stylus for handwritten notes. But I have heard bad things about the pen. Buy Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet - 32GB - Microsoft Store

The ASUS VivoTab Note 8 is priced at $249 for 32GB of storage, and $299 for $64 of storage. Comes with Office and has 1.2MP front and 5MP rear camera. It also can have a stylus for handwritten notes just like the Dell Venue Pro 8. But it uses a Wacom Stylus and will be more accurate then the Dell Venue Pro 8's pen.

These three tablets get around 8 hours of battery life depending on usage. Keep in my mind there are some other good options I haven't mentioned. But I like these three options quite a bit. As I said before just visit the Microsoft store online and check out there different options.

Hope this was helpful!

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The Dell Venue Pro 8 is priced at $249 for 32GB storage and $299 for 64GB of storage. It comes with Office and has a 1.2MP front and 5MP rear camera. It also can have a stylus for handwritten notes. But I have heard bad things about the pen. Buy Dell Venue 8 Pro Tablet - 32GB - Microsoft Store

Dell Venue 8 Pro is the best value I could find... The old Active Stylus had issues when it was first release. There have been 2 revisions since then and my Active Stylus rev02 functions beautifully. Due to screen size you either need a pointed stylus (like the Active) or a Bluetooth mouse. I recommend the Dell V8P paired with Active Stylus, Dell Folio and Dell Bluetooth Keyboard for a complete package to satisfy value shoppers. I got a 32GB V8P + screen protector + 64GB SD card + Active Stylus + Dell Folio + Dell BT Keyboard for under $350. I shopped the heck out of it though and hit some good sales.

And yes, Dell V8P has 2013 Office Home and Student for the life of the device. No Office 365 subscription.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Office Home and Student will work fine.
I've heard great thinks about the Lenovo ThinkPad 8 but I think it may be a little too much to invest in.
The Dell Venue Pro 8 seems great, I don't know if I'd invest in a stylus but I'd get a keyboard probably.
What about 10-inch options? The Nokia Lumia 2520 is the only one I know of I can get for a decent price. The Surface Pro 3, although a great device is a little bit too much. I don't need that much in a tablet nor am I wiling to pay that much.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Don't forget the difference between Windows Desktop and RT...

On any screen less than 10" and desktop OS you need a pointer of some type. Otherwise so many of the "buttons" are too small to manipulate comfortably.

With Active Stylus I have mouse functions and it draws/writes with a nicely fine control.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
I understand the differences, but to be honest on a tablet I could live without the desktop UI. Especially an 8-inch one.
I have a laptop if I do need to do something mouse-intensive, I think the tablet would be more watching YouTube/Netflix, editing Word documents or even writing short ones, web browsing, maybe some small games.
Unless I could get a good 10-inch tablet with Office, that is. Then I'm thinking my laptop will only be used when I need the power.

I just need something quick, well-built, great screen, good battery. But not something that will kill my wallet. The Dell Venue Pro 8 and Lenovo ThinkPad 8 seem like the best options but what is there for 10-inch tablets?

Last edited by a moderator:

xboxonthego3

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
There's the Dell Venue Pro 11 and the HP Omni 10 for larger screens. I lean more towards the Dell Venue Pro 11 since I have heard good things about them. And I haven't heard much about HP Omni.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos