lumia 930 730 hardware question

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone

I love my Nokia 930 just about everything is perfect on the phone except for one thing, the front facing cam stinks, its a shoddy 1.3 megapixel camera that takes horrible selfie, the prophet app barely improves it

My question is: is it possible to obtain the 5 mp front facing cam from the 730 or 735 whatever its called and install it in my 930? That would be the perfect marriage of high end rear cam and a high end front facing cam.

I am not interested in the 730 as a daily driver as everything else about the phone is very midrange and doesn't suit my needs, once again Nokia gets it wrong, putting a premier front facing cam on a midrange phone

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: lumia 730 front facing cam on 930?

Unless you're an engineer with building skills etc, I don't think that's possible.
Furthermore, I think installing a 5mp shooter on the 930 would also require firmware calibration which you wouldn't be able to do.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it has been tried, even if the connectors are the same you would still need the drivers for the phone to operate it.
Also I don't think they would be the same size either, would say best wait for the 730 tear down by ifixit.

Personally I don't think it is going to work.

Pacus1x

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
You can't change the FFC, it's hardware limitation not software, also it's impossible to exchange hardware components like the camera because the connectors and the size of the camera module are very likely to be different and the phone board will not recognize those.

The purpose of the 730/735 to reach those who likes selfies... that's why Nokia put them the moniker of "selfie" phone.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If I hear the "word" selfie too many more times, I'm going to explode...

For the love of all that is holy: let selfies die a painful, horrible, final, agonizing, never-to-be-resurrected-again, flaming death.*

*I feel slightly better after that... Maw, fetch me the nerve tonic!!! Dag blasted kids are on me lawn ag'in.

noelito

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea the word selfie is pretty irritating, I just want or have always wanted a good front facing cam for my phone, I thought it just might be a simple hardware swap out

Android phones such as the lg g3 have a great rear and front facing cam and their high end flagship phones, although Microsoft made the 735 for selfie freaks in mind there rest of the phones hardware leaves a lot to be desired. I just wish I could have a windows phone with both awesome front and rear cams, in the meantime I'm staying with my 930, I am contemplating the m8 but the 4mp camera is pretty bad, I tried it out a few times at the Microsoft store

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss