Is the screen on the 1520 supposed to go black or stay on?

W

WPCentral Question

I recently bought a Lumia 1520 and I noticed that during a call the phone doesn't turn the screen off when its next to your head. Now I wanted to know if this is normal and supposed to happen?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No the problem is that is stays on while I'm on a phone call, and even if my hands aren't blocking the sensor it stays on. Would a hard reset work?

Did you mean "even if my hands are blocking the sensor it stays on"?

As like the other posters said it will only go off if the sensor is covered whilst in a call.

I also just found out that if I cover the top of the phone and I get a text the screen still stays on, whereas on my 920 it wouldn't turn on since its "in a pocket"

Well the phone is going to stay on when you get a text otherwise how would you read the toast notification? :p

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Oh sorry I misread, in that case, try doing that double tap thing, but now use the other hand to cover the top of the phone (without touching the screen). If it turns on (its not supposed to), that means your proximity sensor is defective. However, this might also be caused by software issue, thus a hard reset may or may not solve this problem. If you don't mind to give a go at that, that's your call. But I would personally have it checked at a Nokia Care centre.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Well given that a hard reset didn't solve it I doubt using the Nokia Recovery Tool would help, you could try if you wished but would suggest like the other posters taking it down to Nokia Care.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon