Why Windows phone yet to offer a proper Music player?

W

WPCentral Question

Its really really frustrating when a mobile operating system, after a slew of updates and revisions, is yet to find an app as basic as a Music player with all the essential features. The first and foremost issue is there is no seek bar while playing music. Though they added this feature (so small in length) with the latest Win8.1 release in the default Music app, the app has become so slow and lethargic sometimes. Though there a variety of Music players and downloaders available, almost all of them don't have this seek bar or their UI is not good. I couldn't understand what's the problem with the developers in including this essential feature (seek bar) and giving a kick-*** UI.

wayn1ak

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, Xbox music is terrible in comparison to Zune. The Zune software on the desktop was well designed and was comparable to itunes with the method of syncing and music management on Windows Phone 7. Xbox music on my phone occasionally crashes and there have been many times when I told Cortana to "play my music" and the app would crash and I'd have to reopen the app while driving.

kamikaze80

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Don't even get me started. It's a total joke and a huge embarrassment. Completely unacceptable, there's just no excuse for it when it's been almost 4 yrs since WP7 came out. When the list of issues with perhaps the most basic function of a smartphone is this long, is it a surprise that WP doesn't sell?

Too slow
Cant seek
No wireless sync
Metadata, album art and artist background pics are all messed up
No gapless playback
Integration with Windows Store is crappy

It's a joke that people try to make excuses or tell people to download some crappy third party app. This is why the iPhone 6 has sold more units this past weekend (4m) than prob the # of Windows Phones sold globally this quarter.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Don't even get me started. It's a total joke and a huge embarrassment. Completely unacceptable, there's just no excuse for it when it's been almost 4 yrs since WP7 came out. When the list of issues with perhaps the most basic function of a smartphone is this long, is it a surprise that WP doesn't sell?

Too slow
Cant seek
No wireless sync
Metadata, album art and artist background pics are all messed up
No gapless playback
Integration with Windows Store is crappy

It's a joke that people try to make excuses or tell people to download some crappy third party app. This is why the iPhone 6 has sold more units this past weekend (4m) than prob the # of Windows Phones sold globally this quarter.

Embarrassment? Are you embarrassed by a music player?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium